Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
Was a hard past couple of years for me. My mom passed after a 5 year struggle. Lost a lot of really good friends in a falling out(I'm better without them, they were users). Stress at work caused a doctor to tell me "Quit your job or die of a heart attack before 35, you choose" Being unemployed for 2 years brought on it's own kind of stresses. Thank god my wife brings in the money she does, she kept us afloat. With out her, I would have probably lost my mind too. Just got back to work about 2 months ago, and it feels really good. Really missed the social aspect of life. When I say it made my year, it honestly did. This was one of about 2-3 positive things that happened all around the same time. Building this rifle is gift to myself for pulling through, getting a job and getting back on my feet. So even though it's something as simple as a rifle barrel, it means a lot more than that to me. So in turn, thanks for welcoming me into the forums. This is a really great group of folks, and I appreciate the comradery.
Good on you brother for sticking to the grind and picking yourself up. Sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers go out to you and your family. I have been in shoes almost like yours. Slept in a car for over a year. Made huge sacrifices but I was determined to get myself on my own two feet. Just as things started looking up, I met my wife and it has been forward progress from there.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build.