Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave that Parallax tactical gas block a look over, and it looked like a nice piece.Want to try one of those and one of their rails on a build some day, along with one of those TIN bcg's

I like this build and also thinking of using a 12" evo or force rail.

After that pic above the force 12" rail is on my radar for my pistol build.....
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 24 June 2014 at 03:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Updating a photo of my newest arrivals.

Really loving the finish on the keymod Fortis vertical grip; It's absolutely stunning. It Fits like it was made for my hand-perfect thickness, and the ergo on it is just right for how/where I plan on using it. Fortis really knocked it out of the park with this thing.

The fit on the Parallax Tactical PTX adjustable gas block is a bit more loose than I was expecting, and not really seeing a way to pin it in place... Just not enough room. I'm going to run 100 or so rounds through it and see how bad it/if it bleeds gas.
    I may end up having to swap it, Time will tell. But apart from it being loose, I like the way it was put together, seems solid.

The buffer/spring is your run of the mill Armalite CAR variety. Going to run this until I can get a JP silent Captured spring.

Finally is the Taclink EBAL. Took a little while to get it complete. They shipped it to me sans the mounting screws. Being that this rifle is still 2 months in the future, I think I can stand to wait for some screws. Finish is a little off on it, guessing that might be why they dropped the price point for this run of them. Not going to ding it for that if it still functions. Function over form any day.

It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mike, I can already confirm for you that the Parallax Gas Block pictured is not pinnable. I ended up using it on a range only 300 gun.

I see you spared little expense on this build. Should turn out great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Mike, I can already confirm for you that the Parallax Gas Block pictured is not pinnable. I ended up using it on a range only 300 gun.
    Figured as much, Space looked a tad tight between the set screws to try and run a pin through it. Looks like i'm going to have to bust out the oil and drop another dimple in the bottom of the barrel. No worries there, just good to know, cheers and thanks for the confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I see you spared little expense on this build. Should turn out great!
    In regards to this, this is probably going to be a one and done build for me. The last AR15 I build for myself(I say that now, lol) . Buy once, cry once. That and it wouldn't feel right slapping $400 in parts on a $300 barrel and calling it good. I'd being doing the barrel and myself a disservice.
    Also, like I stated before; the sponsors of the forum, as well as the giveaway were kind enough to kick in... It's only right I give back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's some good looking parts. So what made you decide to go with the big Fortis grip vs the small one? I've been debating.

Also, I wish I could afford a UBR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    So what made you decide to go with the big Fortis grip vs the small one? I've been debating.
    I shoot without gloves. I also like to control the rifle from right around the gas block. The finger cut on the Vert lets me hold the rail like the short grip, and if I ever heat up the rail to the point of being uncomfortable I can transition to holding it pistol grip style. I don't dump rounds like that all that often, but I like to have the option. If you take alook at the mechanics of the item side by side, you can see what I mean.

*Pic from fortis's website, not my own*

The UBR I got from http://www.budsgunshop.com On some items they take offers. I saw the UBR as one of those and made an offer of $202 that was accepted. Think it was $209 shipped, which is below cost I believe. Manufactures and dealers are moving a bunch of stuff at crazy discounts. I say get stuff when you can, save for what you can't.
    Last edited by camomike; 12 July 2014 at 19:09. Reason: tagging a photo

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM'd you about the SS RAC. Also, that force rail is awesome. Have a 15" force on my newest rifle, and the black RAC. Love em both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appreciated, thanks again. Still thinking of picking up an epsilon. Would love to do a side by side comparison.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the answer. Makes sense. I guess I'm leaning towards the short one, because it's sexier. I know I know, the whole form over function!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem, to each their own. The biggest part is you feel comfortable shooting it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My build has stalled a bit. Home repairs are chewing up fun money. US optics kicking in the 1 x 4 optic to the Stickman give away got me thinking though. I had planned on getting either a Vortex strikefire II or an Aimpoint pro. I have limited experience with red dots and have always either shot irons or magnified. In my dealings with red dots; even though I have severe astigmatisms in both eyes, I've never noticed the "bloom" others have issues with. I find myself at a fork in the road and not sure what path to take. Any input would be appreciated. Rather than spending money and finding out the hard way, anyone care to weigh in?

Downloads
    Uploads

CamoMike's WEVO 50k Barrel buiild

If you wanna go magnified with a 1-4, vortex viper PST 1-4 can be had for $499, shop around and perhaps a bit less. Vortex also makes a crossfire ii 1-4 for around $250 I believe.

Edit: crossfire II 1-4 comes illuminated or non, $199 or $249 respectively, illuminated can be had on amazon for $199 currently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to run a Nightforce NXS 1-4x, and ended up ditching it. It was on the lighter side things as far as scopes go, but was still heavy and not so good for swinging around. Also was slow to change magnification even with a cat tail so I lost any potential speed advantage. I like acogs way better personally so if I want magnification I'd go that route, but I normally run an aimpoint.

I would like to try an elcan spectre dr, but they're crazy $$ and even heavier than the nightforce I had.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just in the last year got my first real red dot..Aimpoint pro ..after some help fro ma friend..and glad i did. i am really starting to like it.

Also just got into a vortex 1-4 pst, and only had it out twice, but it is a nice scope imo, good glass and features for the price point. I have seen them used for $400, and no problem as vortex has about the best warranty in the business.

Not much help i know, but between the 2 its hard for me to choose a favorite, up close 200 yards and under the PRO is quick, but so is the 1-4..but for me has potential for longer, more accurate shots..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone is missing an opportunity in the market. Wish there was a place you could rent optics to try them out. Closest place I have I can try things out is a Cabella's. And sadly most of their items are not what I'm looking for. Might just have to wait till random range strangers that will let me handle their gear.