Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Someone is missing an opportunity in the market. Wish there was a place you could rent optics to try them out. Closest place I have I can try things out is a Cabella's. And sadly most of their items are not what I'm looking for. Might just have to wait till random range strangers that will let me handle their gear.
    I know a guy who started that with specialty tools. Basically started a website, with contracts and all that users have to sign, and they borrow, or rent tools from other users. Small fee to rent them I guess, plus shipping charges, but it's a good idea for something you need at the present but won't need in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So any update on this build? cerakoted? Done?

Had to see, as that barrel is really catching my eye....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kind of stalled financially at the moment. Home repairs took priority. Hoping this week I finally get my recievers in the mail. Got a bit of overtime on this latest check, going to pick up the rail or BCG for sure.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I did pick up the rail. The 12" Force from Rainier was the one I had my eye on; then they went and made it stupid cheap. It was way too good to pass up, eating ramen for the next couple weeks over it though. Gotta love the folks at Rainier. Will be dropping my set in the mail this weekend for sure, and It' will probably be crossing paths with the BCG I'm ordering from WMD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, I did pick up the rail. The 12" Force from Rainier was the one I had my eye on; then they went and made it stupid cheap. It was way too good to pass up, eating ramen for the next couple weeks over it though. Gotta love the folks at Rainier. Will be dropping my set in the mail this weekend for sure, and It' will probably be crossing paths with the BCG I'm ordering from WMD.
    Good choice. Love my 15" force so much I went and bought a 12" when they made them too cheap. Should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your final results!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used gunstruction to give myself a good idea of how it will look. One of the items on my distant list is an X-15 S mag. Think it will look awesome with the force rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just posting a couple teaser photos of my dry fit. I'm sending it off to coating this weekend. Making progress again finally. The force is exactly what I wanted and the Fortis vert grip just feels "right" on it. It feels really balanced when I shoulder it. Having a problem in wanting to run off to the range with it right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks awesome
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You keeping the RAC on it? It looks good! Much better than on my 18" all black gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The contrast in colors looks nice. What color Cerakote are you doing the receiver set?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going with NiB plating instead. And yes, I'm planning on keeping the RAC. Keeping it mostly a Rainier upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again BTW. Looks great with the barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again BTW. Looks great with the barrel.
    No problem. Can't wait to see this finished! You sticking with the black rail or having it coated too? I'm in between whether I wanna coat my rail or just the receivers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just the recievers. Don't really see a benefit to coating the rail. Besides I like the way the black/muted silver looks together. Debating sending in my build kit with the recievers. But I think I'd prefer them black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just the recievers. Don't really see a benefit to coating the rail. Besides I like the way the black/muted silver looks together. Debating sending in my build kit with the recievers. But I think I'd prefer them black.
    If going with the NiB, I wouldn't coat the rail either. I don't think there is any benefit in doing that. If you were doing cerakote, then I might think about it just to "match" but there isn't any other reason. I should look good! I really like how my Aero Receivers came out after WMD finished them. Can't wait to see the pictures.