Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beverage of Choice?

I partake mostly of Scotch. I like to have a glass straight after I put the girls to bed. Dalmore is my favorite, but the shops are getting to proud of it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I consider myself a Bourbon aficionado. On Father's Day my two daughters' "significant others" and I did an inventory and tasting. Some of my favorites: Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, Prichard's Double Barreled, Elmer T. Lee, and Four Roses Small Batch and Single Barrel. When it comes to Scotch, I'm less experienced, but I'm a fan of Balvenie Caribbean Cask and the Doublewood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Woodford, it's what my buddy keeps on hand. For bourbon at room temp my favorite is Basil Hayden, if you haven't tried it I strongly recommend it. It's ridiculously smooth and dry.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Bailey's fan. A nice, cold double late in the evening ............ makes the cell phone pix fuzzy

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you like Bailey's do you ever partake in Irish car bombs?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally I'm a Scotch man... prefer it to be a bit peat-y. My current favorite is Oban, But I can never really go wrong with a nice black and tan
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Since you like Bailey's do you ever partake in Irish car bombs?
    Googled it - not sure I'm man enough !! The "must drink it quickly because it will curdle" got me. I am a Guinness fan too, and may have to give it a "shot". I would not order it in Dublin though !!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    My friends love them, not a fan of Guinness myself. The Bailey's sure helps it out though.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    While going through flight school, one night we partook in "multiple" Irish car bombs at a local establishment. I was later asked to leave the premises. That was a decade and a half ago, so that must be why I can't remember much more of the story...

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a brewed beverage, Woodchuck Hard Cider. I love that stuff.

If I'm going with a spirit, Hendrix Gin with tonic. Sometimes with a twist of lime or some muddled cucumber.

Mmmm. I'm getting thirsty.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Largely dependant on mood and food.

I would say "wine" - but that's a pretty big bucket, especially for someone with my varied tastes. If I had to narrow it down, I would say wines from Burgundy. When we were in a corkage-friendly state, we could get away with more frequnet wine consumption, but Colorado law doesn't allow for such things. We still have a sizable cellar which we're trying to work through.

I rekindled a longstanding love affair with bourbon this winter, which didn't help us empty the cellar.....and if you pressed me into choosing just one right now, it would be EH Taylor Small Batch. I'll admit being pleasantly surprised by Bartherhouse from Diageo's Orphan Barrel Program, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My poison includes, when I drink alcohol which is not common, a dark PR rum (Bacardi or Don Q) or a red wine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mountain dew...

sober for a few years now, went thru a bad time and woke up one day and said no more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Mountain dew...

sober for a few years now, went thru a bad time and woke up one day and said no more
    Bravo MF!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Mountain dew...

Same here... but I forced myself to quit not that long ago. Started out a sour mash drinker... mostly cause the family made it in the backwoods... a genuine, double-rectified, pop-skull it was... aged in plastic jugs. Went out west to ride horses in Tombstone... came back a certified Rye drinker... nearly my downfall.

Everybody has a "forbidden tree of fruit" in their own personal Garden of Eden's... mine happens to be hard alcohol.