Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was drinking "craft beer" 20 years ago when it was called "microbrew" and "imports". The latest upsurge in the popularity of this nonsense has ruined it for me. You have a bunch of people with no taste standing in line for hours to get the latest hop-barf-bomb and proclaiming it's deliciousness. Suburban housewives sit around at pool parties and talk about their favorite beer. Nah, no thanks.

So I went back to my college beer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, only to find the hipsters driving the price up.

I've settled on Budweiser now. not Bud Light, Bud. It seems universally hated as well as universally available. I also genuinely like Sam Adams, and almost all of their seasonals that don't say "hop" in the name, so that's another easy one.

For grownup drinks, I like rum. But it can't have a bat or a pirate on the label. My favorites for mixing with Pepsi (as a southerner, not using Coke causes me physical pain, but only Pepsi has a version available with real sugar) are Barbancourt (4 or 8 year, I don't care) and Zaya. Both give the coke a bit of a vanilla flavor that I really like. My default sipping rum is Ron Zacapa 23, largely because most good bars have it available. I drink it on the rocks, which seems to upset people that like "good" rum, which also makes me happy. Zaya is easy to have someone else pick up at the store, "get me the one with the wicker around the neck".
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So I went back to my college beer of Pabst Blue Ribbon, only to find the hipsters driving the price up.
    I've had PBR stocked in my beer fridge for years... And they got sold to some commies. No need to line the pockets of those bastards.
    Now I limit my selection to the local breweries. New Holland, Founders, Bell's, etc. West Michigan has some great choices!

Current favorites for the hard stuff: Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon, Jameson 18 year, Kettle One for martinis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never had either Zaya or Barbancourt, but I do like vanilla in my Coke so I'll have to give it a try.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Never had either Zaya or Barbancourt, but I do like vanilla in my Coke so I'll have to give it a try.
    Barbancourt in Coke is what turned me on to "good rum". I always hated rum because I had only ever had pirates and bats, and even Coke could only marginally mask the hideous taste of that swill.

Careful with the Barbancourt and the Zaya, you can pour damn near a 50/50 mix and not get any burn, so it's easy for things to get out of hand quick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Barbancourt in Coke is what turned me on to "good rum". I always hated rum because I had only ever had pirates and bats, and even Coke could only marginally mask the hideous taste of that swill.

Careful with the Barbancourt and the Zaya, you can pour damn near a 50/50 mix and not get any burn, so it's easy for things to get out of hand quick!
    My rum of choice is 18yr old Flora De Cana no need to mix it just drop it over some cold stones and enjoy.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely gonna give this a try. Which do you prefer more?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    My rum of choice is 18yr old Flora De Cana no need to mix it just drop it over some cold stones and enjoy.
    Flor is a good one too. Don't see it at bars quite as often, which is where I wind up drinking most of my rocks rum. At home I have a pretty decent selection of somewhat obscure stuff that I cycle through, all of which was gifted, none of which I can recall the name of now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Definitely gonna give this a try. Which do you prefer more?
    Zaya has the stronger vanilla flavor, to my tongue. Barbancourt 4-year is probably the cheapest of the bunch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Rob, I believe I'll try the Zaya.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like dark Mexican beers for everyday drinking, Modelo Negra and Dos Equis Amber in particular.

When I'm drinking alone and sipping on some beer just to enjoy it, I like real dark stouts like Odell Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, Sam Adams Black & Brew Coffee Stout, New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout, etc.

A good bourbon like Pappy Van Winkle is great to sip on when I'm having my cigars.

I like good old fashioned sweet tea with a splash of vodka while smoking my pipe (usually filled with black cherry tobacco, and just typing this is making me crave a puff right now).
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    speaking of vanilla coke....one thing I aint had in years is vanilla coke and southern comfort. great mix if you like to mix it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Me personally I don't like premixed vanilla Coke. I like mixing in the vanilla syrup.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSWVA View Post
    speaking of vanilla coke....one thing I aint had in years is vanilla coke and southern comfort. great mix if you like to mix it
    It's Friday afternoon and I'm still sitting here at work craving one of these now.

Thanks, bruh.
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    It's Friday afternoon and I'm still sitting here at work craving one of these now.

Thanks, bruh.
    lol, np, now you got something to look forward too....er, or considering the time it is right now, did have something to look forward too

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beer give me an ice cold New Castle, or a Ziegen Bock.
    I'm always down for a good pino noir
    And if it says whiskey on the bottle chances are I'll like it, but I prefer Crown on the rocks.
    I've in the last few years started to get into scotch, but I don't have a preference yet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dalmore used to be my favorite scotch, used to be $29.99 for 750ml also.
    flickr
    facebook