Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Billet lowers....

I think we can all agree that a lower receiver needs to hold the Fire Control Group, receiver extension, and magazine. As long as those parts are in spec, everything else tends to be a matter of personal preference.

I've got a few different billet lowers, and recently added another one to the collection. The Tactical Innovations T15BDX billet lower has got a good look, and just a hint of texture to its surface. In the below two different pictures, the lighting in one shows the surface a little more than the other. In real life, there isn't really all that much to notice, but its very subtly there.

I'll get up more pictures later after I drop in the parts, and see how it assembles. I think this lower is going to be dedicated as an extreme beater. I've been kicking around the idea of thrashing a billet lower to see how they hold up, and this might end up being the beast I do it with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the below picture, I edited out the serial number....

Trace Rinaldi Guest
    Looks tough as a brick $hithouse! Very cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick,

Looks very cool!!!!!!! I see that they bevel the inside of the trigger guard, but I can't see if they do the same to the outside of it??? That is the only thing I see that I would ask them to do.

Kelly (Cohibra45)

Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't bevel the outside of the trigger guard. This is one of the "constructive suggestions" I emailed to the company a while back. My T15BDX billet lower sits on my 6.5 Grendel precision rig right now, as I would not use it on a fighting carbine due to the sharp edges on the trigger guard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a beautiful lower Stick. Let us know how it performs. I'm curious to know if it handles PMags well. It certainly rivals the SMOS lower but for 2/3 of the price. I may have to get one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    That's a beautiful lower Stick. Let us know how it performs. I'm curious to know if it handles PMags well. It certainly rivals the SMOS lower but for 2/3 of the price. I may have to get one.

No problem, I'll let you know as soon as I assemble it and throw an upper on it. Inserting a PMAG in its unassembled form shows it to be free of restriction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They need to add a full auto or burst pictogram for posers like me. It does look sharp though.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    These lowers just recently came onto my radar. They seem to have a lot of nice features and great fit&finish.

Stick,
    Would you happen to know (or be able to ascertain) if this lower is compatible with a Redi-Mag? I asked the good folks over at TacInnov, but they had no idea.

v/r,
    B.

MadMax Guest

Billet Receivers

Hey Stick,

New guy here(MadMax), you know the price of the Magpul or the TX15?

MadMax

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Hey Stick,
    New guy here(MadMax), you know the price of the Magpul or the TX15?
    MadMax
    The Tactical Innovations deluxe billet lower is $215 from the manufacturer.
    They have 2 other options at lower price-points.

The Magpul lower can only be found on the secondary market.

v/r,
    B.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think finding a Magpul lower will be almost impossible. I believe they dropped the lower as a project to allow them to catch up and keep up with other projects. I would imagine that ACR parts and UBR stocks would be at the top of the list currently.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not seen any of the Magpul lowers on the market (new or used). I've been offered some obscene prices, so I know that some people want them pretty bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick you're a danger to my wallet. Thanks John and Rainier Arms for getting this to me so quickly. This was a purchase I certainly don't regret. It went together fairly easy, except for the trigger insertion. The trigger well tolerances were tight for my RRA 2 stage. I had to use a needle file to widen the well so the trigger would fit. A minor inconvenience. The rear pin detent capture screw was a great touch, it really made assembly less frustrating. Brand new PMags insert easily thanks to the flared magwell. They fit snug but drop free, contrary to another billet receiver I own. Its obvious some thought went into the design. A wonderful piece of kit!

-Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the layout and execution of that picture.