Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Gas Vent

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    In the end, I think I will probably see what a long stroke piston system will do for me on a dedicated suppressed set up. I've already ruled out the short stroke system as Adams Arms kits have not been kind to me the last 2 times I built an upper around them.
    Until then, the quest for less gas in the face remains.
    I've considered going this route for a while. However I think most of the excess gas comes from the action, blown back out from the barrel as a cartridge is extracted. I highly suspect that a piston system won't do much for gas-face. If you give it a shot please post results!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I've considered going this route for a while. However I think most of the excess gas comes from the action, blown back out from the barrel as a cartridge is extracted. I highly suspect that a piston system won't do much for gas-face. If you give it a shot please post results!
    See my post earlier. Albeit with a short-stroke Op Rod, it was significantly lessened (but not completely reduced) on a SBR. It was also wicked smooth, but more barrel heavy. There's no free lunch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    See my post earlier. Albeit with a short-stroke Op Rod, it was significantly lessened (but not completely reduced) on a SBR. It was also wicked smooth, but more barrel heavy. There's no free lunch.
    Good to know. Must have missed that. Reading comprehension FTW!

Downloads
    Uploads
    gator, have you shot with a switchblock at all?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not. Would love to, but it wasn't coinciding with my rail requirements in past builds/rifles. I'm guessing it's similar to the op rod setup in gas, minus the piston.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I have not. Would love to, but it wasn't coinciding with my rail requirements in past builds/rifles. I'm guessing it's similar to the op rod setup in gas, minus the piston.
    I've got a couple of switchblock uppers, we'll see how they fair with suppressors and the gas...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be interested to hear the results.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got a couple of switchblock uppers, we'll see how they fair with suppressors and the gas...
    Did you ever end up trying out the gas vent with your setup?