Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I used a Gemtech M4-02 (5.56) can for .22lr for a long time before I bought a dedicated .22lr can. Worked great but obviously was much heavier than a dedicated .22lr suppressor. It was super dirty all the time and the threads got buggered very quickly. If I didn't frequently clean the threads it would be very difficult to install and remove, causing wear on both the suppressor and rifle threads.

22lr leaves a lot of lead deposits so be sure to fire some 5.56 through it periodically - this will vaporize most of the lead and clean out the suppressor.

I saved up and got a couple SilencerCo 22Sparrow suppressors. Best rimfire can on the market, bar none.

Once you've seen how dirty they get you will appreciate how easy the 22Sparrow is to clean.

I use a solution of vinegar (acetic acid) and hydrogen peroxide to remove the lead deposits. 60/40 Hydrogen Peroxide to Vinegar, put it in a quart mason jar and drop your disassembled suppressor parts right in. Let it sit for an hour or so and watch the lead disappear into solution This creates a Lead Acetate solution, which is very dangerous because lead in this form can pass through your skin right into your bloodstream. So use gloves and be super careful.

Afterwards, dump some table salt into the solution to create Lead Chloride, which is less permeable through the skin. Label it "battery acid" (you are in effect creating a battery with this procedure) and drop it off at the local hazmat collection site.

.22lr suppressors are a lot of work - more than you'd expect, but boy they sure are fun.

Save your money and get the 22Sparrow. It's worth the extra coin.
    Spot on w his advice!
    We own an SilencerCo 22Sparrow and use it on an sig 1911 22lr. Love the fact that the outer tube slides free of the debris, thus cutting down on wear. The monocore baffle is contained within 2 metal shell halves and then the tube slides over and a cap tightens everything down! When you have to wait forever on a stamp and $200 on top of that every little detail counts and that was a big factor in our decision. Very happy with the performance, size, weight and looks.
    The 22lr sparrow imho is the smartest decision for an 22lr suppressor!
    The only downside too this one would be, it def. is not rated for 5.56/.223 so I would not recommend firing 5.56 thru it for any type of "baking" for a cleaning process. Stick w the 60/40 hp vin solution or I personally use froglube, when it came out of the box everything except the o rings were properly froglubed, now cleanup is a breeze w some froglube spray cleaner and a standard mil spec toothbrush :) .

Happy shootin!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a sparrow and a warlock II. Both work great but the warlock weighs half as much so it I use it on my pistols and the sparrow stays on the rifles. Warlock and sparrow are same can just different material and thread-end cap. Silencerco is great to deal with as well. I've broken my warlock twice due to improper barrel threading on an upper and a lousy barrel on an m&p22 pistol. Both times they fixed it quickly and without hassle. The first time I had to send it in the second time I just sent the endcap back and they sent me a new one. Then ups lost it and they overnighted me a replacement for the replacement. I also had the pouch for my sparrow break the day I got it home and they sent me a replacement for that as well. All in all great cans and customer service as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Spectre II and really enjoy it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i have a gemteck OUTBACK II i use it mostly on my Savage Mark II bolt rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    AAC's Element 2 is a pretty awesome can. First round pop is practically nonexistent. It's definitely better than my old Gemtech Outback II which has a louder first round pop. I heard the Sparrow has a louder first round pop than the Element 2 but I haven't compared them.

Definitely the sparrow is much easier to disassemble over the Element 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    AAC's Element 2 is a pretty awesome can. First round pop is practically nonexistent. It's definitely better than my old Gemtech Outback II which has a louder first round pop. I heard the Sparrow has a louder first round pop than the Element 2 but I haven't compared them.

Definitely the sparrow is much easier to disassemble over the Element 2.
    i use CCi Quiet ammo no pop

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone using the AAC Pilot 2?

Spectre 2?

Huntertown guardian SS or TI ?

I am so close to pulling the trigger..ready to buy a trust...which for some reason this giveaway is making me wait..just incase i am lucky to win one of the trust setups...Anyways..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is another vote for the Spectre 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Need to eat .. or need a can......hummmmm..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... finally time to start collecting my stamps. I set up my trust last month, and as long as it is in stock I am going to start the paperwork to get a Warlock II today! Then, as the $$ comes in for my birthday and Christmas from family, I'll look at getting a few more in the process. My overall plan is for (3) cans total: .22, .30, and pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Back to this...

For people with a spectre 2, did you run into any problems on your hosts for it, with the threading?

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the certified letter tracking number, the NFA received my paperwork yesterday for my Spectre II. I'll let you know in 9-12 months if I have any thread issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on the purchase....Im jealous..

Also have heard paper form 4's are down to around 5-6 months ...