Downloads
    Uploads

Review - Aero Precision M4E1 Upper Receiver and Handguard

I picked up an Aero Precision M4E1. I originally wanted the 13” handguard but there was an issue with the 13” keymod and Aero and the awesomeness of their customer service offered to send me the 12” instead. I’m glad I took them up on the offer. I really like the way the upper balances with the 12”.

2014-07-02 18.23.58 by naytwan, on Flickr

Here are the specs on the completed rifle.

M4E1 Upper and 12” Keymod handguard.
    Joe Bob outfitters 16" Gov Contour 5.56 4140 Chrome Lined Barrel- 1/7 Twist
    Griffin Armament muzzle brake
    PXT Light weight adjustable gas block
    PXT Nickel Boron BCG
    Daniel Defense Fixed sights

Lower

DTI Lower
    Magpul MOE Grip
    Magpul MOE Fixed carbine stock
    CMMG LPK
    Sprinco blue spring
    standard buffer
    Magpul BAD lever that I am removing.

OK so the upper went together very easy. Nothing unusual there. I really like the way the upper and rail interface. Its a very solid connection. Feels like a monolithic upper its so secure. I am also very happy with the fit with my lower. It feels like they were made for one another. No wiggle but not super tight either.

2014-07-02 18.23.25 by naytwan, on Flickr

2014-07-02 18.24.52 by naytwan, on Flickr

I took it to an indoor range to make sure everything worked and to get a zero. I ran 100 rounds of Wolf gold threw it. I wasn't looking for any real accuracy testing this time, just wanted to send some lead down range and get the sights adjusted. I am happy with the results. I was able to keep it in the black (7 or better) on an NRA B-29 target. I did shoot about 60 rounds at a fairly quick pace, as quick as they would allow at an indoor range. The upper heated up but not so hot I couldn't hold onto the rail with my bare hands.

2014-07-02 17.29.06 by naytwan, on Flickr

Oh and if anyone was curious noveske rail panels will fit. I had a couple left over from another upper and I gave them a try. They fit fine. Still a pain in the tushy to install.

I’m heading to BLM land this weekend and I will put some more rounds threw it and report back.

UPDATE - I had a chance to get to the desert and put some serious rounds threw the rifle and at speeds that would make the range masters head explode. I can say the handguard never got to hot to hold. It did get warm but not so warm I needed a glove. I must say this rifle rocks and I think its going to be my go to. Now I just need to pick up an Aimpoint for it.
    Last edited by Naytwan; 5 July 2014 at 14:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Review. The handguard and upper look better than I thought they would. I have a couple of Aero Lowers that need uppers. I have the STS version that I've got probably earmarked for this one. I have a 15" Quad on order, but after looking at your upper, I think I might have to change that to a 13"

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks great. I'm still waiting on mine. I ordered the 7 in keymod for a pistol build. i bought some KAC keymod covers for mine from AIM.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does she shoot? That's damn sexy! With the price Aero is charging, it's going to be hard to resist buying one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It shoots very well. I'm hoping to do some accuracy testing in a week or 2. It ran like a champ, feels really nice in the hand and I was able to keep it on target very easily. Whole rifle weighs 6.5 lbs. Recoil was very smooth. Rifle feels factory even though its my frankin build due to the fit of the upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That upper is just flat out sexy. Needs an optic though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer425 View Post
    That upper is just flat out sexy. Needs an optic though.
    Yeah. I was going to try and wait for the new primary arms optic but I think im going to get either a T-1 or a Pro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and ordered my own 13" Quad Rail Enhanced Upper. Also got an Aero Barrel, Gas block, and BCG. I plan to use this as part of my new torture test gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aero had a special on complete uppers so I picked up another. This time with a 15" rail and a aero government profile barrel. I like it even more. The rifle is a shooter. With a primary arms micro dot I was able to put together 3" groups at 100 yards with wolf gold. For a red dot I will take it. I plan on putting some glass on it then we will really see what it can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of ammo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    3" groups at 100 yards with wolf gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What kind of ammo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ha... Reading comp has been in the dumps today.

Downloads
    Uploads

M4E1 on sale

I've been eyeing the M4E1 upper and just took advantage of this $119.99 sale price. I'm about to embark on my first build and this looks like it will make it pretty darn easy.