Page 1 of 265 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Stickman 100K Giveaway Discussion

Don't get too excited just yet, we haven't actually started this

However, I was just on the phone with Stick today as he wants to get a giveaway started when he hits 100K. He's going to dub this the "blem" giveaway as he wants his industry friends to donate blems for the giveaway. He wants guys to use the equipment and not feel bad about it, which is probably going to turn away the safe queen curators, but encourage people to beat up their guns especially if they are already scratched.

He's 81K now, so he plans to push this when he hits 85K or so.

So the regulars here are "veterans" of the last several giveaways, any suggestions to improve how it runs? I know we've had some good suggestions in the past, such as giving long time members more than 1 entry type of thing. Also suggested is to package up the prizes into 3-5 "super" prizes instead of having 20 small ones.

Also up for suggestion is what sponsors you'd like to see?

Some of the new ones this time around maybe BCM, Geissele, Trijicon, and maybe Magpul. These are unofficial of course.

As Stick promised, the grand prize will be one of his used duty uppers, which is a BCM 14.5" with a DD Lite Rail... furthering the "blem" theme.

Let the games begin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I have been drooling over Stick's eye candy for a few years elsewhere, I'm new here. How about a recap of how this works for recent members. How does one enter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are we actually discussing haha. I vote for more prints :)
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    What are we actually discussing haha. I vote for more prints :)
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Comp,

I was just curious what the membership had to say as far as how the last few giveaways have gone...

Uffdaphill, usually we just post a thread when it starts, you post I'm in, and we use the random number generator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Comp,

I was just curious what the membership had to say as far as how the last few giveaways have gone...

Uffdaphill, usually we just post a thread when it starts, you post I'm in, and we use the random number generator.
    I think the way they have been ran in the past has worked well. Really the biggest issues is people not reading the rules. I know you guys hit up your sponsors a lot and we ( the membership ) appreciate everything they have done to keep these giveaways and more importantly the forums up and running.

I agree with MD, there are a lot of awesome photographers that are either Admins or Members and I know some of this stuff I would love to have in poster size prints to hang up. I think the wevo apparel is also a fantastic idea as well. Tshirts would be awesome but for the love of all that is Holy please no black lol everyone does black and it shows every little piece of lint, dust, and dog hair. Hats are cool or better yet PATCHES!!!! If you do apparel or patches let me know cause I will definitely buy some for sure.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to thank Stick and the mods for doing this.
    μολὼν λαβέ

FBHO

Downloads
    Uploads
    A few poster-size, framed prints would be amazing. You could leave the frame disassembled and ship in a tube.

Think you could get Aimpoint on board? That would be rad.

Do up some shirts and some watch caps with subdued logos, it could be the start of some WEVO merch ...

Oh and how about some AMMO?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had no issues with how the last stick giveaway went. As for the bundle prizes I am on the fense about that. I know people would like it, hell I would. On the other had, if you get 50k entries and o ly 20 items thats rough haha. I agree with the others on the prints and wevo merch. As for ammo..... remember some people live in as I call nazi states (ex. Me), so that might be hard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone say giveaway....

No really you guys do a lot of work behind the scenes and we all appreciate it, i think the more regulars and contributing posters and active members with a certain post count or something..instead of the 1000's on "IN" from the one time posters..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Someone say giveaway....

No really you guys do a lot of work behind the scenes and we all appreciate it, i think the more regulars and contributing posters and active members with a certain post count or something..instead of the 1000's on "IN" from the one time posters..lol
    I agree mustang IF it was for the wevo site. This is for stickmans facebook tho, and its just hosted here, if im not mistaken.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We need to have a give away for a lower and funds for a stamp.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    How bout a giveaway for build your woman a rifle, so mine will give back my rifle. In regards to post count and new members I see that as tough though. Not to sound like a free parts buzzard but the last giveaway is what drawed me to the site and the quality of it has kept me coming back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I freely admit that I was one of the folks who posted the first time during Stick's first 50k drawing. I had lurked the site for quite a while up to that point. Having said that, following his art is what drew me into the fray to begin with. Winning an ACOG, RMR or an aimpoint would be awesome, But honestly even if it was a scratch and dent I'd be hesitant to shoot it. Having a Stick print showing off his work would be amazing hung next to my toy chest, And I'd probably get a whole lot more enjoyment out of that.

In regards to how the drawings are run; keep doing what you do, I think you do a fantastic job at streamlining the process. Having the posts numbered makes feeding it into a random number gen commonsense... I even like the anticipation of the every 15-30 minutes announcement... Gives me time for google fu.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh , i didnt know it was gonna run thru his facebook page...either way...

In...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I'd love to have the chance to win a Larue mount or three.