Page 112 of 284 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4252
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If it was me I'd set an amount of time you have to claim your prize, maybe 7 days.

Agreed... a set time, that way no one can bitch and complain when they miss out. In this day and age of cell phones and total immersion in social media, I even wonder if 7 days is too long... Not logging in for so long tells me it's someone joining just to try and win and could care less about the environment here. JMHO

Me, I log in daily just to see my name not on the winners list... :D
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    To expedite some of these prizes, and well... mainly to reduce the pile of stuff in my office. I've been sending out prizes faster than anticipated. I know I put I wasn't going to chase down people in the rules.

BUT

How long should I give someone who hasn't responded to a PM and email. It's been 2 days on the email, and he hasn't logged into the site since the 15th of Sept to look at his PM.
    I'm not one to tell you how to do your job (which you are handling like a pro), so I would just suggest to do what you feel is fair to both the person who won, as well as yourself for doing this pro bono and having a life other than sending us stuff. Kudos to you, stick, and all the others for giving up valuable time to award us great gear

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking 3 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say 7 days is plenty at my work we have a red tag section for stuff we may toss out (remove from another location) others have 3 days to claim it. Maybe an email is sent. I think if you are emailing so not flooded with PMs 3-7 days would be good. If it's us taking initiative to email you first after swing our name 7 days would be good. Most check an email for everything and a forum as time permits. But I check everyday so any amount over 24hrs will work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd say put all the unclaimed aside until all prize winners have been drawn. Then re-draw for the set asides.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also check every day here, but that's also because I'm actually using and being part of the forum. There's great folks here and the subject matter is something I'm interested in and know some about.

If someone who won even got sent an e-mail and didn't respond to that well I'd figure that person is SOL. When I found out that I won the upper receiver, I didn't bug UWone about it. The rules stated to claim the prizes when the giveaway was over. UWone PM'd me, I answered, it arrived. Seems pretty simple to me.

There should be no 'chasing down' of people to claim a prize at all. If they go unclaimed, then they can be put back to giveaway to someone who does claim them. If people are too dumb to figure out how to answer an e-mail that they won something, well, then they don't deserve it anyway. If they were smart to begin with they'd be participating in this forum rather than just posting "I'm in" in the wrong place []

My 2 cents worth.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the no chasing down part, but even I didn't know about the part I'd been selected for. Wouldn't have known if it weren't for Ride reposting it. Some of the older gents that entered the giveaway probably don't get online as much, my Dad only gets on about once a week. That's the reason I think it needs to posted both here and on FaceBook a set time for winners to collect.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    If serious, people would check frequently. In this day in age with technology I would say a week is good enough. Maybe even send a second email letter on day 3 today grab their attention. After that, sorry.

By the way good win for BM2 on the CMt upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though the older gents don't contribute as often and are ornery, they are a good source of knowledge.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though the older gents don't contribute as often and are ornery, they are a good source of knowledge.
    That makes me feel good since I'm 54

Basically, if you send someone a message and they don't answer it within some reasonable time then it's impossible to give them a prize anyway. No address to send it to. I guess it just boils down to "what is the reasonable time frame?" 7 days certainly seems reasonable to me.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was me I'd set an amount of time you have to claim your prize, maybe 7 days.
    i think 7 days is a good amount of time i agree on this

Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats to BM2 on the CMT Tactical Upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    congrats on the upper BM2
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, Congratulations BM2. Hope you post pictures of it. I'm curious to see if it's different from the one voodoo_man won vs. the one Thompson won.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    To expedite some of these prizes, and well... mainly to reduce the pile of stuff in my office. I've been sending out prizes faster than anticipated. I know I put I wasn't going to chase down people in the rules.

BUT

How long should I give someone who hasn't responded to a PM and email. It's been 2 days on the email, and he hasn't logged into the site since the 15th of Sept to look at his PM.
    there may have been some confusion and they think they can't claim the prize until the end of all the drawings and only joined for the giveaway so aren't bothering to check in until the end.
    My only fear is that when I die.... my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!!!!