Page 56 of 284 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nCarnage View Post
    Someone disrespected stick?! Let me at him. People should be happy with what they get. Damn "entitlement" generation. Always ruining things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I won a very nice prize in the last giveaway, so I'm not holding my breath for more. But I did a little snooping and at the 50k giveaway, there was a multitude of folks who had low post counts which dates coincided with previous "give away's", and I have to believe that that number will multiply, with the enormity of this event. I'm really truly not trying to be a buzz kill, I'm just stating what I see.

...well the bigger the crowd, the more ass wipes there are going to be. Sadly I'm sure that unless you happen to be one of those ass wipes, you can see this too. Folks today are just all about "what are you going to do for me". We have a government that has an agenda of instilling into people the notion of those who have, owe those who have not. The duds, losers and assholes who post on Sticks FB page, what he/she did view this giveaway as a bunch of the "have" folks owe them a complete BCM upper or more.

In as much fun as this Giveaway has been to watch, I personally can't wait for it to be over. I truly enjoy seeing someone flip out because they won some awesome prize, it really does my heart good, but I'm ready for WEVO to go back to being WEVO, and those new people who crow about remaining a member, and stand behind their word, adding to normal WEVO chaos, and get to posting new and original material.

End of Rant:
    I couldn't agree more but don't let a small post count alone let you think we're all bad. I mostly just read. I never knew about this place till I saw Stickman post about the last one, but I'm happy I did. Before now I only really hung around ARFCOM (for reference I've had an account on there since 2008, and I'm barely over 1000 posts lol). It's nice to mix things up a bit though and I love the fact this board seems a lot like a close knit community.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift.Six View Post
    I couldn't agree more but don't let a small post count alone let you think we're all bad. I mostly just read. I never knew about this place till I saw Stickman post about the last one, but I'm happy I did. Before now I only really hung around ARFCOM (for reference I've had an account on there since 2008, and I'm barely over 1000 posts lol). It's nice to mix things up a bit though and I love the fact this board seems a lot like a close knit community.
    If you read my post, it particularly points directly to folks whose only posts correlate directly to the dates of other giveaways, not just folks with a low post count. They also all consist of mostly one thing. "Im in". They will leave and come around for the next give away. I'm really not sure that segment LIKES FB pages enough to actually peruse them for the content.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    If you read my post, it particularly points directly to folks whose only posts correlate directly to the dates of other giveaways, not just folks with a low post count. They also all consist of mostly one thing. "Im in". They will leave and come around for the next give away. I'm really not sure that segment LIKES FB pages enough to actually peruse them for the content.

FT
    This is true haha

Anyways here's to making my Monday less stressful 😉

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

Give the new guys a break :) a lot of people aren't forum guys. Also you have to find the right forum for you.... Sometimes it takes times for new people to get settled. WEVO to me is like Cheers, and you guys are the regulars.

Yes, there are going to be a ton of mooches, but hey this is the entitlement generation!

Downloads
    Uploads
    And sorry for the lack of updates and posts today... Stick and I took the day off from the giveaway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How dare you!? All you have to do is run a measly little website, update a few Facebook posts, and protect a city in your spare time! You mean to tell me you couldn't even draw a prize to giveaway for free today!?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    FT,

Give the new guys a break :) a lot of people aren't forum guys. Also you have to find the right forum for you.... Sometimes it takes times for new people to get settled. WEVO to me is like Cheers, and you guys are the regulars.

Yes, there are going to be a ton of mooches, but hey this is the entitlement generation!
    I'm not busting any balls, and it's not my place to do so anyway. I was just bloviating my opinion about 1. Folks that would call the main player of this giveaway, a dick, and what I feel is the underlying cause of that kind of behavior. Nothing wrong with being the FNG. Everyone was new here once. Many have been here far longer than I. If you re-read it I was hoping a lot of the folks who have stated that they came for the prize, but are staying for the fun. That's actually what I meant when I said I hope they stay and bring fresh and new input. Maybe I worded it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    And sorry for the lack of updates and posts today... Stick and I took the day off from the giveaway.
    Yes, between this and your "day" jobs, I'd bet you both needed a little time...

P.S., quit being a dick....... Just kidding, don't blow snot at me.....
    Last edited by FortTom; 6 October 2014 at 18:06.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for lurkers, I just found this site and have yet to start a build so I do not really have anything of value to post to this site.

Almost blew the money on a ebook on 'how to build an AR without a serial number.' Now with this giveaway I know all the fine folks who sell all the goodies to make whatever I decide I wish to build.

Will start posting when I have interesting things to contribute...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I already see a lot of new people posting regularly seeing old posts resurrected with new content and feedback. We picked up some really good people on the last 50K giveaway and I think we have already picked up some decent people from this one as well. Time will tell and others that come and lurk and read will start to post eventually. Heck I lurked for about 6 months before registering then lurked for another 3 months before I started asking questions.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stickman 100K Giveaway Discussion

Hey I'm a newby... I try to chip in where I feel I can truly contribute, not just blow hot air... I also have seen the same as comp... Old post with new content. I've also added a few good build threads of my own...
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 6 October 2014 at 19:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say, that if I hadn't seen a post from Monderno on my FB, I'd still probably not know about Stick or WEVO for that matter. Thanks to Stick and crew's efforts, I've been introduced to many companies i had no knowledge of prior. that includes WEVO. I'm not a man of a lot of words, but you'll be seeing more of me. Thanks Stick and crew, and if you're out there thanks Monderno.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I lurked for awhile before I joined, mostly pic threads. Then I became a fan of Rob_S posts on the TOS and followed him here.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't always follow Rob's advice though. I can't help myself I love to fiddle fart.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I just assembled my first AR lower tonight. Piece of cake.
    The more I learn about these rifles the more I love them!