Page 62 of 284 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Seems like it would help if The Fisher House themselves would also spread the word, even just on Social Media.
    There was an email that went out that explained why they can't market it unless it goes through their donation page which didn't offer any way to track donators. Lets to drop it and go back to the regularly scheduled programming of "I'm in's" haha
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    There was an email that went out that explained why they can't market it unless it goes through their donation page which didn't offer any way to track donators.
    That is truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. We'll take your money, but won't help you raise it for us unless it goes through our donation page.

I know that's not your fault, but you'd think they work with you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
    I'm in
    Uh...O.K... and best of luck to you, Sir!
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads

Stickman 100K Giveaway Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Uh...O.K... and best of luck to you, Sir!
    I bet he win's something!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    $17,000 short. Sad to say it has only raised just under $3000. Biggest complaint from people is they don't want to register for pistol pay to make the donation. Then they will throw up the excuse that times are tough and shortly post up they just scored 500 rounds for the weekend range session. To be honest this fundraiser has been a lot of hard work that my wife has put in, along with select members from the Rainier Arms and Pistol Pay staff. To see all this hard work end with little results because someone doesn't want to register to pistol pay and verify who they are so we can accurately track the people that donated to get them into a spreadsheet for a drawing just blows my mind. Sad part is just need 1700 people to donate $10 each that is not asking a lot. But I guess a veterans sacrifice isn't worth the 10 minutes it takes to register and verify to make that $10 donation.

I could rant on for days about this thing but I would end up pissing a lot of people off on this so I will just shut up and move along the droids I am looking for are not here.
    It doesn't bother that many people a day to check to see if they won a "free" gift. Maybe they don't understand they might win something "free" if they take the time to help a veteran and his or her family.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm curious guys... what's your ideal winning prize on this giveaway? Actually how about 2?

1. High dollar prize.
    2. Non-high dollar.
    I know it's probably going to be redundant, but I would be stoked to win anything at all. I'm happy to be able to participate in once again a situation where WEVO is literally potentially paying me to be a member. Honestly my membership here is of more value to me personally than I could ever return by doing all that is being asked of the membership, which is simply to be active in discussing with many like minded individuals things that are of interest to me. Which leads me to my second thought. Please just bear with me because something has been bothering me a bit.

I know that a common cause for irritation among the membership is the one and done fly by guys. I get it, and I do agree. Like I said, there isn't much that's expected. Honestly all that is being hoped for here is that the forum grow in membership with folks that do a bit more than post "I'm in" for a giveaway. Which isn't unreasonable, but it is what it is. This is a free giveaway, it's gonna happen. Personally I joined just before the last 50K ended. I wasn't aware of it at the time, I just really liked the forum so I joined. Within a few days I saw the giveaway post and I'm pretty sure my first post was in fact "I'm in". Don't misunderstand, I totally would have joined for free stuff. I just didn't in this case, although the timing is pretty convenient.

So on to what is kind of bugging me, for what it's worth. It's the bitching I have either seen or heard of, some of it is pretty unbelievable. So for anyone that thinks it's too much to ask that you like a sponsor on Facebook that just donated stuff that they typically get money for, or for the tool that questions whether or not the admins of this forum are just giving stuff to their buddies implying the number generator isn't random, you guys can get bent.

The prize I won was a complete upper that retails for I believe around 1300 dollars. I didn't know anyone before the drawing, and it's certainly been well worth my time to be involved with this forum even without the prize. Although it is now assembled with a lower my absolute favorite piece of hardware because of the back story. Honestly bitchers, you can't beat this.

I Still struggle sometimes because frankly I'm more of a novice with this subject matter than many of these guys, but I contribute where I can and the key thing is that I have enjoyed my time here. Not only that, I have found this group to be universally accepting of me and my sometimes nerdy contributions. I even got a friend request from a member that I enjoy interacting with and I suspect is probably pretty similar to me as far as interests.

I guess to sum up my point to those that would complain, maybe you should shut up and enjoy the ride for what it is. It's possible that any of us could win some kick ass stuff, but even if you don't there are people putting very legitimate effort into making this a worthy destination either in an administrative capacity or by contributing some of the most useful content of any forum on the web. Don't piss down their back for doing it. It's just disrespectful of their time and efforts.

Done now. Congrats to all of the past and future winners. Thank you to all of the regular contributors whose content I have enjoyed. And to the admins that don't get paid to take random crap from stranger I thank you for your efforts. For what it's worth.

XA

Downloads
    Uploads
    XACT_ABORT that is probably the best post I have read in a long time.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats to whsmith on that 3rd Right to Bear arms upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats WHSmith!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm curious guys... what's your ideal winning prize on this giveaway? Actually how about 2?

1. High dollar prize.
    2. Non-high dollar.

I dont think Ive won anything to this point in my life. Id probably be pretty stoked with winning a stick of gum.

What is considered a "high dollar" prize? My high dollar is probably a lot lower than most.

If I do win something and have no need for it, it is going to be given to a buddy that could use it.

WHSmith! Congrats!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to win sticks duty upper :)
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads

1. High dollar prize.
    2. Non-high dollar.
    Honestly, anything. But in the spirit of the question - the U.S. Optics scope on the high end, and a FCG on the lower end.

I originally was not going to enter, but I have a couple of LEOs that need ARs fixed up or completed - so I will will use anything I happen to get to help them out, or possibly trade to help them out.

BTWI would NEVER sell something I win that was generously donated - but I would trade with others to help these guys out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XACT_ABORT View Post
    I know it's probably going to be redundant, but I would be stoked to win anything at all. I'm happy to be able to participate in once again a situation where WEVO is literally potentially paying me to be a member. Honestly my membership here is of more value to me personally than I could ever return by doing all that is being asked of the membership, which is simply to be active in discussing with many like minded individuals things that are of interest to me. Which leads me to my second thought. Please just bear with me because something has been bothering me a bit.

I know that a common cause for irritation among the membership is the one and done fly by guys. I get it, and I do agree. Like I said, there isn't much that's expected. Honestly all that is being hoped for here is that the forum grow in membership with folks that do a bit more than post "I'm in" for a giveaway. Which isn't unreasonable, but it is what it is. This is a free giveaway, it's gonna happen. Personally I joined just before the last 50K ended. I wasn't aware of it at the time, I just really liked the forum so I joined. Within a few days I saw the giveaway post and I'm pretty sure my first post was in fact "I'm in". Don't misunderstand, I totally would have joined for free stuff. I just didn't in this case, although the timing is pretty convenient.

So on to what is kind of bugging me, for what it's worth. It's the bitching I have either seen or heard of, some of it is pretty unbelievable. So for anyone that thinks it's too much to ask that you like a sponsor on Facebook that just donated stuff that they typically get money for, or for the tool that questions whether or not the admins of this forum are just giving stuff to their buddies implying the number generator isn't random, you guys can get bent.

The prize I won was a complete upper that retails for I believe around 1300 dollars. I didn't know anyone before the drawing, and it's certainly been well worth my time to be involved with this forum even without the prize. Although it is now assembled with a lower my absolute favorite piece of hardware because of the back story. Honestly bitchers, you can't beat this.

I Still struggle sometimes because frankly I'm more of a novice with this subject matter than many of these guys, but I contribute where I can and the key thing is that I have enjoyed my time here. Not only that, I have found this group to be universally accepting of me and my sometimes nerdy contributions. I even got a friend request from a member that I enjoy interacting with and I suspect is probably pretty similar to me as far as interests.

I guess to sum up my point to those that would complain, maybe you should shut up and enjoy the ride for what it is. It's possible that any of us could win some kick ass stuff, but even if you don't there are people putting very legitimate effort into making this a worthy destination either in an administrative capacity or by contributing some of the most useful content of any forum on the web. Don't piss down their back for doing it. It's just disrespectful of their time and efforts.

Done now. Congrats to all of the past and future winners. Thank you to all of the regular contributors whose content I have enjoyed. And to the admins that don't get paid to take random crap from stranger I thank you for your efforts. For what it's worth.

XA
    XA,

Great post, thanks for that.

I just wanted to say to the newbies, if you're here for the free stuff, I just want to clarify, I don't have an issue with that at all. We are here to support Stick and the manufacturers who have donated. If some of you stick around and show us your winnings, great, if not that's fine to. Either way, I still have to go to work tomorrow.

If anyone out there thinks we're hooking up our buddies, that's kind of silly as we could just call up most of these manufactures and ask them. We don't operate like that. In fact, XA won, one of the best prizes on the last giveaway. He can vouch I have no idea who he is and still don't for the most part. Do all of my buddies and co-workers enter these giveaways? Hell yes they do. In fact I have one buddy who has entered every single WEVO/Stick/Members giveaway and hasn't won anything... so there is no conspiracy there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    XA,

Great post, thanks for that.

I just wanted to say to the newbies, if you're here for the free stuff, I just want to clarify, I don't have an issue with that at all. We are here to support Stick and the manufacturers who have donated. If some of you stick around and show us your winnings, great, if not that's fine to. Either way, I still have to go to work tomorrow.

If anyone out there thinks we're hooking up our buddies, that's kind of silly as we could just call up most of these manufactures and ask them. We don't operate like that. In fact, XA won, one of the best prizes on the last giveaway. He can vouch I have no idea who he is and still don't for the most part. Do all of my buddies and co-workers enter these giveaways? Hell yes they do. In fact I have one buddy who has entered every single WEVO/Stick/Members giveaway and hasn't won anything... so there is no conspiracy there.
    I'm opening a ice tea for you, because sweet tea.

Congrats to the 3rd winner!
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow. that is one long post
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)