Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DRY OR WET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I lube mine semi wet after cleaning but I don't lube between range trips. The lube just ends up creating a carbon sludge on the carrier.
    I think it really depends on the type of lube and how useful it can be. I ran my MK18 upper with a WMD BCG and some Slip 2000 oil (not the EWL...Slip sent me the wrong stuff a few years ago and I used it a little bit). If I ran that suppressed, it wouldn't make it much past 200 rounds without needing more oil. With Slip 2000 EWL (which is what I normally use), it keeps on going. The sludge just indicates the lube is still there, which is a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think it really depends on the type of lube and how useful it can be. I ran my MK18 upper with a WMD BCG and some Slip 2000 oil (not the EWL...Slip sent me the wrong stuff a few years ago and I used it a little bit). If I ran that suppressed, it wouldn't make it much past 200 rounds without needing more oil. With Slip 2000 EWL (which is what I normally use), it keeps on going. The sludge just indicates the lube is still there, which is a good thing.
    I use mpro7 lube.

Sent from my big @$$ phone

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytwan View Post
    I use mpro7 lube.

I'm not really passing judgement on your lube. My point is that not all lubes are the same and just because one person (with NiB) says they don't need it doesnt' mean soemone using another kind (even made by the same company, as in my case) has the same results, especially after addin a suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'm not really passing judgement on your lube. My point is that not all lubes are the same and just because one person (with NiB) says they don't need it doesnt' mean soemone using another kind (even made by the same company, as in my case) has the same results, especially after addin a suppressor.
    Suppressor, I wish. I'm in California.