Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So no one runs the magpul fixed rifle stock? Just curious , how sturdy it actually feels and how the cheekweld is? As it looks like the a1/a2 comb height and about a a1 LOP.

Like this pic, which is comparing the fixed stock to the prs
    I have a Magpul rifle stock and I really like it. As others have said it's a bit longer than most adjustable stocks fully extended. The look, feel, and overall quality of the piece is impressive to me. I typically over think things and get really hung up on my impressions of quality. I know I have probably missed out on some things because for whatever reason I can't get past a first impression that I didn't find favorable but it's not the case worth this piece. The stock frankly exceeded my expectations. No slop in the release button for the storage compartment or the door, it's finished very well inside and out.

I have it mounted to a Mega forged upper and lower set, there is no noticeable movement of the stock attached to the lower and there is also no movement between the lower and upper so it just feels like one rigid piece. If I grab the forend woth my left hand and the end of th.e stock with my right and twist, I feel no movement. It really came together nicely. I can't compare the cheek weld to much as I really haven't been exposed to everything but it feels almost identical to my ACS-L ( the only other stock I own currently) when shouldering as far as my cheek on the stock which I really like.

Anyway, just the impressions of a novice but I won't be switching it. I like the overall feel of the rifle too much, there are many reasons but the stock I think is a huge part of it. I don't imagine the quality of the part would turn you off, more whether or not you want to lose the flexibility of the adjustable stock. I have found that I really don't ever move the adjustable stocks I have used once they're set though. Considering I built the rifle as a bench gun almost exclusively for shooting at the outdoor range close to my house I wouldn't change a thing and absolutely don't regret the choice. YMMV, hope this helps in some way. Be sure to let us know what you decide!
    Last edited by XACT_ABORT; 10 July 2014 at 18:57.