Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 blackout

Downloads
    Uploads

.300 blackout

So i know quite a few like and shoot the blackout round and i am slowly warming up to it, for something in the future, will eventually have to build a 16" BO, just another excuse for another rifle..lol

Anyways i want hear peoples recipes for subs and supers, but i wont have a can for a while so mostly interested in lighter grain plinker loads.

So What
    -Bullets
    -powders
    -oal
    -chrono numbers

Is LC brass the best to convert, anything and everything, etc....Im new to the blackout round, but not reloading............Go !!!
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 16 July 2014 at 03:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    i wont have a can for a while
    Same here, and that is the only reason I don't have a 300 blackout yet. But that also means I don't have any recipes to share.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well share away..

Just looking for general,info, im not stupid and i do work up my own loads, but i am new to this caliber.

looks like 110-130 gr are the majority for supers and even 147/150's

Downloads
    Uploads

.300 blackout

Interested in this thread. I don't have any recipes yet as I'm still shooting up all the factory loads I've accumulated. I have a 16" noveske barreled blackout I put together.

I'm running a Wolff xp spring and t2 spikes buffer. So far i haven't found a factory load it hasn't ran. Never shot subsonic though. I built it as an alternative to the 6.5 and 6.8 (since standard ar components work with no special bolts, etc) to shoot deer.

One day I'll take pics of firearms not laying on my bed...one day. The blackout is the bronze one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a nice build. so the 16" blackout has ran good for you huh..cool..

pistol length gas setup?

regular gas block or adjustable?

Gas port size?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a nice build. so the 16" blackout has ran good for you huh..cool..

pistol length gas setup?

regular gas block or adjustable?

Gas port size?
    Yes, pistol gas. Non adjustable. Not sure on port size, whatever noveske uses from the factory. Got a sweet deal on this barrel from Precision Firearms (local dealer, awesome to work with) and couldn't pass it up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Occasionally, I'll buy some ammo from a local guy, but he never has subsonics, I guess 220gr bullets are still next to impossible to find. 115gr is abundant though.

If you plan to reload for subsonics, it might be difficult to find bullets.

Then again, you don't plan to get a suppressor, but everyone says that... in the beginning.

Downloads
    Uploads

.300 blackout

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Occasionally, I'll buy some ammo from a local guy, but he never has subsonics, I guess 220gr bullets are still next to impossible to find. 115gr is abundant though.

If you plan to reload for subsonics, it might be difficult to find bullets.

Then again, you don't plan to get a suppressor, but everyone says that... in the beginning.
    Only once have I ever found it locally and it was for a box of 200rds of remington UMC 115gr at a local gun show, since then I've had to order online mostly through PNW arms for their 147gr plinking ammo.

I think I'm gonna buy some 125gr Barnes black tips and work up some deer rounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Only once have I ever found it locally and it was for a box of 200rds of remington UMC 115gr at a local gun show, since then I've had to order online mostly through PNW arms for their 147gr plinking ammo.

I think I'm gonna buy some 125gr Barnes black tips and work up some deer rounds.
    The new Remington UMC 220gr Plinking Ammo looks like it has potential. Also less than $1 a round, which is a big plus.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/167...ProductFinding

Downloads
    Uploads
    keep it coming this thread is helping me sway towards a blackout. Most likely a 16" gun.Will reload my own stuff, which helps a lot on price for this round especially.

Ya a can or 5.....are on the want list...as well as SBR's as WA just passed its law, but im not sure on the form 1 stuff, as the writing for it, was not correct or something..thats a whole other thread..

Downloads
    Uploads
    keep it coming this thread is helping me sway towards a blackout. Most likely a 16" gun.Will reload my own stuff, which helps a lot on price for this round especially.

Ya a can or 5.....are on the want list...as well as SBR's as WA just passed its law, but im not sure on the form 1 stuff, as the writing for it, was not correct or something..thats a whole other thread..
    Honestly, I don't know about a 16" 300 BLK Gun. 300 really shines with short barrels and/or suppressors. To have neither, and use a 16" barrel seems like a waste. I'll be the first to admit, I do have a 16" 300 upper, but that's before I knew better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly , like i said i have not dealt with this caliber yet, but am giving it some serious thought. How does your 16" upper run? Whos barrel? pistol length gas i assume?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly , like i said i have not dealt with this caliber yet, but am giving it some serious thought. How does your 16" upper run? Whos barrel? pistol length gas i assume?
    It's a RA UltraMatch. Shoots very well, and suppressed, but not sure I'd go with a 16" again in 300

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Rainier Ultra Match 16" too. I like the round. Our state does not allow us to hunt with short barreled rifles, so 16" it is for my hunting rifle. The SBR is for non hunting. ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I have a Rainier Ultra Match 16" too. I like the round. Our state does not allow us to hunt with short barreled rifles, so 16" it is for my hunting rifle. The SBR is for non hunting. ;-)
    Same reason I went with the 16". I wanted this gun to pull range and deer hunting duty. My bolt gun is chambered in .25-06 and it gets VERY expensive to shoot for deer season with the rounds that it likes, last I bought them it was about $45 a box of 20.

My 16" noveske barreled build runs very well, never had any issues with it, but as UWone77 stated, the round really shines with a shorter barrel and suppressed. Really depends on what your intended use is I would say.