Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Meprolight TRU-DOT RDS Reflex

Meprolight TRU-DOT Reflex Sight.

Available here: http://www.7-62precision.com/mepro-t...8-moa-red-dot/

Description:

The Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS is an energy-efficient, compact sight, that provides thousands of operating hours while utilizing a single "AA" commercial battery.

Featuring battle-proven LED technology and rugged design, the sight assures reliability under the harshest environmental conditions.

With its large display window and clearly-defined Red-dot, the Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS ensures rapid target acquisition with both eyes open. Offering four easily switchable reticle brightness intensities, the Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS fits every tactical scenario.

To facilitate night vision operations and long-rage target engagement, the Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS is compatible with GEN II and GEN III NVGs as well as with Magnifying Scopes.

Its human-engineering allows positioning of NVGs and Magnifiers close to the sight's optics with no decrease in the field-of-view and without compromising convenient switch operation.

Features of the Mepro TRU-DOT RDS:

- Aluminum body construction
    - Quick-release mount built-in
    - Quick-releasse mount tension is adjustable
    - Powered by one AA battery
    - Battery life is 15,000 hours on a single battery continuously on at the highest power setting
    - Auto-shutoff and auto reactivation via motion sensors 10 minutes motionless shuts down the sight, touching the rifle immediately activates it.
    - Incredible strength
    - First 1,000 units will have a special edition S/N and an aluminum hood.
    - Night Vision compatible
    - Simple controls - one four-position switch for simplicity and speed of use.
    - Unlimited field of view
    - Compact size
    - Large aperture
    - Precise 1.8 MOA red dot reticle
    - Parallax-free

MSRP is $399

Downloads
    Uploads
    I leaped as soon as I saw the TFB write-up. Gonna be a hissy fit if it doesn't show up with the alloy hood. Okay, maybe mild disappointment .

With this competition and the coming Gen2 T1, I'm hoping for big discounts on first gen Aimpoint micros soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's nice to see that it came in at a decent price point, even a bit lower than the Aimpoint PRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It's nice to see that it came in at a decent price point, even a bit lower than the Aimpoint PRO.
    Much lower when you consider the built in QD mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice pricepoint; I look forward to seeing reviews on this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if these are absolute or 1/3?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I wonder if these are absolute or 1/3?
    Appears 1/3

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got an update from the 7.62 Precision folks. Delivery on schedule for mid-August. Mine was in the first 50 orders and importer will ship directly to buyer to save time and shipping. Even though these resemble Eotechs, I expect they will be more like an Aimpoint. Sure hope so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uffdaphil, how many have been ordered so far?

I am really considering one of these. I really like it. I had been considering another Aimpoint, maybe a PRO, but this is slowly swaying me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My notice just said I was in the first 50 and that they expect about 200/month to be imported the first few months. The other site now taking pre-orders - - http://www.idfholsters.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1077210 -- states the first 1,000 units are "Special Edition" but gives no info on what makes them special! So no guarantee of the alloy hood. They are $20 more too. Still, nice to have a second option if the other site sells out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Just got an update from the 7.62 Precision folks. Delivery on schedule for mid-August. Mine was in the first 50 orders and importer will ship directly to buyer to save time and shipping. Even though these resemble Eotechs, I expect they will be more like an Aimpoint. Sure hope so.
    These use an LED emitter like Aimpoint. EOTech uses a laser to create the reticle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like something from Dune

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the review I came across, this optic looks like a winner. 15k battery life on AA's is pretty darn good. It's not Aimpoint M4 life, but certainly not the cost either. Curious to see the feedback once these make it out into the wild.

http://idfcarbine.com/optics/meproli...e-and-durable/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice review.....this is definitely on my radar screen now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Delivery moved back to end of September due to Israeli priorities. Thanks a heap Hamas.