Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting... never even thought about the fact that the conflict over there would affect supply lines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Arrived today and looks well worth the wait. Zero complaints. It suffers little compared to T1 w/ADM QD mount: 3.6 oz heavier and does not work as well, for me anyway, on the forward rail - vision distracted by wide lower sight body. Not a problem where now mounted. Two things I prefer over the T1: wide EO type lens seems quicker to find target and simple 5 position dot brightness knob goes from off to high, med, low, NV. High is only good for sunny outdoors. Very quick to adjust to right level. Dual QD mounts needed nuts loosened about one turn and uses lock-washers of a type I have not seen before. Lock up seems secure. Machining and finish is first rate.

Assuming it holds up in the field, would I choose over the Aimpoint? Yes, if budget was a primary consideration. But when the T2 is released, I will still look for bargain T1/H1s. This one has an alloy hood. Later production will be polymer which is not a concern in my book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good Uffdaphil, do you have any photos of the dot?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The one I took didn't look so hot. The dot is 2 moa and looks just like any Aimpoint. I've been experimenting with the auto-shut off. with a near vertical muzzle down position the dot stayed lit at least for the hour I monitored. I am on a corner where you can somtimes feel rumbling of vehicles passing. So either it is super sensitive or has some kind of level switch that does not work head down. Another user said shut off interval is ~30 minutes, so it will take me a while to try in several positions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update: Auto shutoff works whether horizontal or vertical. Seems to stay active longer in vertical, but that may just be the less stable stance. One finger barely pressing on rear of brace re-activates the dot. If this feature can can be standard for a mid-priced optic....?
    Of course with batteries already lasting thousands of hours perhaps corrosion potential is a better reason to change out than discharge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks bulky...

How do you like that AAC upper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it does have that early EO vibe. But as Joe E. Brown said, "Nobody's perfect." Not sure which gun it will end up on.

It was love at first sight when the AAC 9" came out and I was just waiting for the ammo price to drop. But when a local guy posted wanting to swap for an upper I already had.... I am waiting for the ammo to arrive. I've always liked the feel of an URX3 rail and will be surprised if this does not become a favorite. The only nit I can pick is cosmetic. The suppressor collar on the flash hider - ugh. Though If MN permitted cans 'twould be beautiful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to the range yesterday to zero 3 RDs and a 3x ACOG. The Tru-Dot and T1 were equally easy to adjust and put dot on target. I decided to mount the Mepro on a 14.5" that is not a defense gun and the trusted T1 for the 9" Blackout. I think the EO-like bulk looks better on the longer gun.

I like shooting the AAC upper. URX3 is perfectly sized for my grip and the side indents work as a handstop forward. Recoil seems no worse than my 10.5" 5.56 and was plenty accurate for my old eyes @ 25 yds. Okay, laugh. It was hot in the sun at the short zero bench and gun #4 was giving me problems.

Pic of final configuration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally have one and will be getting some rounds downrange with it. I like the idea of a good battery life, common battery size and auto-on function. The Black Friday deal at $287 sure was nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My initial impression is that it's a well made solid optic, but it's too early to verify long term function and durability. The dot is just about the same as the 2 MOA Aimpoint PRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got mine in late December....I haven't taken it to a range yet...it seems rather bulky, but the dot is very clear with no smearing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not quite as good as the 30% off for Black Friday, but they are running a 25% off deal for President's Day. Use PRES25 for $300 + S/H. Valid Feb 13-16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Eric. I missed the BF sale, but this is close enough. For half the $ of a T1 I can't pass this up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the code for this site? http://www.7-62precision.com/ It didn't work for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Went to the range yesterday to zero 3 RDs and a 3x ACOG. The Tru-Dot and T1 were equally easy to adjust and put dot on target. I decided to mount the Mepro on a 14.5" that is not a defense gun and the trusted T1 for the 9" Blackout. I think the EO-like bulk looks better on the longer gun.

I like shooting the AAC upper. URX3 is perfectly sized for my grip and the side indents work as a handstop forward. Recoil seems no worse than my 10.5" 5.56 and was plenty accurate for my old eyes @ 25 yds. Okay, laugh. It was hot in the sun at the short zero bench and gun #4 was giving me problems.

Pic of final configuration.
    What's the specs on the upper of the bottom pistol?

URX 8.0... barrel length?