Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Well, since Maryland State Police gave us permission (funny we had to ask for permission) to buy lowers again, I've decided I can't take staring at others' pistols all day and I'm going to do one myself.

Just wanted to start this thread and make a list of tentative parts so I could share with you and get some thoughts and insight.

Right now I'm going to just buy the basics and everything else will be looked into over time. Keep in mind this will be a budget conscious build.

UPDATE: all parts finalized
    Anderson lower
    Aero upper
    Rainier Force rail (still need to swap my 12" for a 9")
    AIM nib bcg
    Damage industries lower parts
    Rainier trigger guard
    Magpul K2
    CMC trigger
    MFT minimalist stock
    Low pro gas black and tube from red barn
    MAS defense barrel
    Vg6 epsilon
    NTD Ti fang fwd assist (thanks comp)

With this being a budget conscious build, I think I hit the mark. All told, with some of these parts being free/gifts, I have $767 in this rifle, minus the stamp and optics. Hoping to try some of the optics from the t&e program before I settle on something.

Lower: Anderson Manufacturing forged lower

Upper: have a stripped AERO laying around unused since UWone77 got me a CMT billet from the last giveaway

Handguard: will do some shopping around, but I really love my Rainier FORCE, so it may be a 12" FORCE

Trigger: CMC

LPK: shop around til I find a decent deal on one without a grip and FCG, likely buy the parts separately at a gun show.

Grip: Magpul K2

BCG: another one of those things I'll shop around on. Not too cheap but find a good deal.

Barrel: Need advice on this one. I guess I'm going the 10.5-11.5" route, but need some input on the best "bang for my buck"

Muzzle device: not too sure on this one either, but I'm leaning the Noveske kx3 route, but I do really like that new Primary Weapons CQB muzzle device too.

Optics: Primary Arms red dot, or I'll move my Vortex Sparc off my 14.5" and put a 1-4 on that rifle.

That should pretty much be a complete rifle with the exception of some odds and ends trinkets that I can add later. Interested to hear you guys thoughts.

Funny how the tables have turned. I was told last summer before the ban that I wasn't allowed to build a pistol (which was BS) and now I'm being told explicitly that I have to build a pistol or HBAR.
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 31 December 2014 at 10:20.