Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    So much for this being a slow build...

Yesterday I went through all the misc lower parts I had at home and ordered the rest of them from damage industries.

Today, the Rainier Modified Trigger Guard went live on revolvr, so I got that too.

Sig brace will be here shortly, and I'll pick up my lower on Tuesday. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning these days.

Edit: then rainier proceeds to post pics of their extended mag release...as if I wasn't already broke.

Well... speed is all relative. They always start out as slow builds then, something happens, a great deal pops up, and suddenly you're a barrel and a handguard away from finishing.

What's the parts list/wish list looking like now?

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well... speed is all relative. They always start out as slow builds then, something happens, a great deal pops up, and suddenly you're a barrel and a handguard away from finishing.

What's the parts list/wish list looking like now?
    QMS trigger, phase 5 hex2 and the lower is done. Need to find a nice bcg for a decent price and decide on a barrel.

Trying to determine if a PWS CQB muzzle device (1.4" OD) will fit inside a force rail (1.5" ID) safely.

Anyone know how kns pins work with the alg triggers? I know bill advises not to use them with the geissele triggers. I have a set of kns pins that wouldn't work in my .300blk build (long story) so I'm gonna try and reuse them on this build.
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 25 July 2014 at 17:57.

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Fishing a fairly large bass tournament today. Hopefully come home with some rifle money.

Edit: placed 5th. Brought home a bit of pocket change. Now do I pay for my responsibilities or fun parts?
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 26 July 2014 at 14:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Fishing a fairly large bass tournament today. Hopefully come home with some rifle money.

Edit: placed 5th. Brought home a bit of pocket change. Now do I pay for my responsibilities or fun parts?
    Depends on what parts you're looking to buy.

How big are the prizes on the tourneys? Do you just go out and fish and whomever catches the biggest wins? Time limits?

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Depends on what parts you're looking to buy.

How big are the prizes on the tourneys? Do you just go out and fish and whomever catches the biggest wins? Time limits?
    Depends on how big the tourney is. Yesterday was a pretty big one for being a local thing. Some heavy hitters fished it, some from California, some from Alabama. Sometimes it is biggest heaviest total of 5 bass, sometimes heaviest 3, and also heaviest single bass. Fished from 6am til 3pm. We took home 300 bucks for 5th place, 1st place took 2000. That was only out of 35 boats, if we had more boats the pot gets bigger. The way it works is they pay 20% of the field so 1:5 boats get paid.

Sorry for the rant.

What it boils down to is I converted this green fish into some greenbacks.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 27 July 2014 at 19:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So since you're going to spend the $300 in gun parts, what are you buying?

What do you guys do with the fish after the competition? Grill'em up for post event dinner?

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

So since you're going to spend the $300 in gun parts, what are you buying?

What do you guys do with the fish after the competition? Grill'em up for post event dinner?
    No, the bass are sport fish. All of them are returned alive. We do catch Northern Snakeheads that are an invasive species and those are illegal to keep alive. We kill em and either throw them back for the turtles and other fish to eat or grill em up and eat em.

I may buy something this week, most likely my hex2 setup, but I have a truck payment to make first. Responsibilities suck.

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Got my Rainier trigger guard today. Lower parts shipped this morning. Lower itself should come home tomorrow or the next day.

Hex2 is ordered as well. A trigger and my lower is done. Upper is gonna be a while. I'm thinking the faxon 10.5" barrel is gonna be the one I go with. At $120 it is very well priced. Then I'll need a bcg, charging handle and hand guard.

Mail call! Also pictured is the Black Devils patch from Travis over at the Not So Tactical blog.

This trigger guard is awesome! Such a small piece but so well thought out. Gone are the days of breaking the ears off your forged lowers.

Last edited by Ride4frnt; 28 July 2014 at 19:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude that trigger guard is sick...

Once things ease up, I'm planning on throwing together a build for a guy who helped me out a lot. Think I'll just start counting on using one of those guards right now...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Dude that trigger guard is sick...

Once things ease up, I'm planning on throwing together a build for a guy who helped me out a lot. Think I'll just start counting on using one of those guards right now...
    It is awesome. I should buy a few more. They are on sale for a limited time at revolvr.com for $18.95 shipped to your door. Originally I thought the price was a bit steep for such a small item, but considering you can get it in 4 colors, it uses no pins, and includes shipping, I think it's a good deal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got another mail call today! This is when I start getting excited, when parts are flowing in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well crap, this project is just coming together quick. Like most of the build threads I see here!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like my build thread is moving at a snails pace compared to this one haha. That brace is sick tho
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested to see you opinion of the Hex. I keep hearing the KAK industries tube is the one to go with when using the sig brace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I feel like my build thread is moving at a snails pace compared to this one haha. That brace is sick tho
    It's gonna halt soon. My lower parts will be here tomorrow, buffer setup after that and then I need to decide on where to have my cerakote done on the receivers, then it's just upper parts after that.