Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I feel like my build thread is moving at a snails pace compared to this one haha. That brace is sick tho
    I feel ya. Same here.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Well, there's a reason this build is moving along quickly. I'm only 24, no children and no huge monthly bills. After this build I'll be taking a hiatus. The lady and I are house shopping out of state. I'm trying to get this done before Maryland turns their back on us again and makes these illegal too.

Not 100% sure if I want to cerakote or not, but if I do, I'm thinking satin aluminum receivers and black on everything else. What are your thoughts?

Image from google

Last edited by Ride4frnt; 29 July 2014 at 13:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today's update: Got all my lower parts from Damage Industries. Need a K2 grip and ACT trigger and my lower is done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet its all coming together.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

I have too much time on my hands at work. I get paid to sit on my lazy rump for 8 hours and contemplate gun builds.

Today I've gone from "do I want 5.56 or .300blk" "nah I don't need another .300blk, I hardly shoot the one I have"

To "man, do I really wanna spend $150 on a muzzle device for a 'budget build'" after which I think I've decided I'm going to go with the KAK flash can. I'm fairly certain I don't need the benefits of the baffle in the noveske devices, and the price of the PWS device just kind of turns me off.

Any thoughts guys?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another good mail day! Hex 2 came from Phase5 in 2 days. California to Maryland.

And the piece I've been waiting on finally made it's return trip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Another good mail day! Hex 2 came from Phase5 in 2 days. California to Maryland.

I'll be looking at that same exact box tomorrow according to UPS tracking, except mine will have a Sig Tac pistol brace in it as well! Congrats!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the lower together tonight just for kicks. Initial impressions: the sig brace, once on the phase 5 tube, is not coming off without persuasion. The gun is next to impossible fire accurately if the brace is being used as intended. And the brace in conjunction with this tube places it exactly the same length that I run my carbine stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put the lower together tonight just for kicks. Initial impressions: the sig brace, once on the phase 5 tube, is not coming off without persuasion. The gun is next to impossible fire accurately if the brace is being used as intended. And the brace in conjunction with this tube places it exactly the same length that I run my carbine stock.
    Gee, what a coincidence! Completely accidental, I'm sure...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Gee, what a coincidence! Completely accidental, I'm sure...
    I know it was intentional on their part to make a longer LOP, just think it's cool that it places it exactly where I like it, with my CTR stock I run it on the second notch on a carbine tube

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone care to enlighten me on muzzle devices. With a 10.5" barrel and carbine gas system, will I need the added back pressure that a Kx3 or the PWS CQB device will give me? Can I get away with being cheap and using a kak flash can and put the extra $100 to something else?

Also still in the prowl for a barrel. I was thinking about Aero until the other aero thread on here came to light. Faxon is still a possibility. Those barrels have no chrome lining or anything, is this going to be a hindrance down the road?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone care to enlighten me on muzzle devices. With a 10.5" barrel and carbine gas system, will I need the added back pressure that a Kx3 or the PWS CQB device will give me? Can I get away with being cheap and using a kak flash can and put the extra $100 to something else?

Also still in the prowl for a barrel. I was thinking about Aero until the other aero thread on here came to light. Faxon is still a possibility. Those barrels have no chrome lining or anything, is this going to be a hindrance down the road?
    The muzzle device bit will depend on whether or not the gas port is the right size, you're using the correct buffer, and the ammo you use. So essentially, multiple variables...

I have a centurion arms MK18 upper that wouldn't run properly with the H2 buffer that came with my LPK using good 5.56 pressure ammo, but once I switched to an H buffer it ran fine. Muzzle device on it is a KAC NT4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couldn't go a week without buying parts. NIB BCG from aim for 100 shipped on its way.

Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

Got the AIM BCG in today. Initial impressions: for 100 it will do the job. The coating is not quite the same as the WMD unit I'm currently running in one of my rifles, but WMD also has a different coating process. The gas key could use a little better staking. And the one thing that was wrong, and it was easily fixed, the cotter pin though the bcg was bent to hell. One side of the pin went straight through, the other side was bent and sticking out the back with the rear of the firing pin.

Photo for comparison. AIM on right, WMD on left.

Last edited by Ride4frnt; 11 August 2014 at 10:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the AIM BCG in today. Initial impressions: for 100 it will do the job. The coating is not quite the same as the WMD unit I'm currently running in one of my rifles, but WMD also has a different coating process. The gas key could use a little better staking. And the one thing that was wrong, and it was easily fixed, the cotter pin though the bcg was bent to hell. One side of the pin went straight through, the other side was bent and sticking out the back with the rear of the firing pin.

Photo for comparison. AIM on right, WMD on left.

The AIM one looks air brushed..lolol

Thanks for sharing that pic!!! been contemplating on picking up an AIM NIB BCG.
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!