Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

First pistol build

I need some opinions guys. I really cannot decide on cerakote. Originally I wanted to go with a lighter grey/silver. Now I'm not quite sure if I want something a bit darker. Keep in mind I'm only doing the receivers, everything else will be black besides the Ti forward assist (thanks Comp) and NiB BCG and Gas block. Tungsten and titanium are the two I've narrowed it to, and I can't tell which I like more. Here's a pic with both of them side by side, that John Sharps took of his hellbreaker lowers. Of course photos don't do the colors justice. Would you guys go lighter or darker?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really it is up to you what you like. You have to be happy with the color doesn't matter what others think. With that said, I like the tungsten. You don't see a lot of people with it and its not going to show the character marks as much as the titanium will.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Really it is up to you what you like. You have to be happy with the color doesn't matter what others think. With that said, I like the tungsten. You don't see a lot of people with it and its not going to show the character marks as much as the titanium will.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Lol that's the problem. I like then both. I'll probably go darker so it's not as reflective. I just need to send it out and quit sitting on it and thinking about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tungsten is a must.. for me. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silly question 5.56 or 300 BLK? I'm working on a 300 Seekins Billet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran into the same dilemma choosing a color. I'm leaning towards the darker shades, but both look nice.

Great collection of parts so far! My wife wants us to build a pistol next so I'm keeping an eye on this build :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I personally like NiB when it becomes dis-colored, gives it character.
    This is what i'm banking on with my receivers... character
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tough choice my man. I like em both, but Ive saw the tungsten in person and it's sweet. I bet for a unique look doing the lower in silver and the upper and handguard in grey would be slick. I guess if I had to pick i'd say tungsten trimed in black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MO_AR View Post
    Silly question 5.56 or 300 BLK? I'm working on a 300 Seekins Billet.
    5.56. I have a .300blk upper that I'm thinking of selling the barrel on and making a .300blk shorty too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    5.56. I have a .300blk upper that I'm thinking of selling the barrel on and making a .300blk shorty too.
    I'm going the pistol route with the 300 blk (9").

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting this. Been thinking a lot about this build lately. I'm almost certain I am sticking to the original plan of 10.5" barrel. What I may have changed my mind about is the configuration.

The more I see them, the more in love I fall. A shorty with a A2 front post and a carry handle (both of which I have laying in the parts bin, A2 post and carry handle) Mmmmm. Can anyone tell me who makes a 10.5" barrel drilled for the taper pins on a A2 base? I see aero makes a complete barrel assembly with the base already pinned on (which I may go with if that's the route I choose) anyone else making pistol barrels with the FSB?

If I choose to go that route, I will sell my 12" brand new force rail on here for what I paid for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never seen a barrel or sight base come pre drilled. SOP is to drill the base when it is on the barrel. Then finish with a tapered reamer. Really helps to have a mill. Sometimes a drill press will have enough play to allow the bit to walk around the curve of the barrel. I drill into the base until the bit contacts the barrel, then spot face with a end mill to give the bit a flat spot on the hardened barrel. Stops the bit walk and blowing out the bottom of the sight base.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going the same route, A2 front sight. I had bought and installed an Armalite clamp on for a disspator build, but with it's new Apex free float it's not getting used.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EU0240MPKIT

There are others, one in billet aluminum: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/JP-Ad...p/jpgs-2fs.htm

I'm hoping to get the lower working before MO Alternative deer season as I can swap the 16" 6.8 upper on and use it as a pistol. Black Friday and SHOT 2015 should break out some shelf clearing deals that will be hard to pass up, in the meantime I surf the AR parts finder to see what's going on.

http://arpartsfinder.com/index.htm Lots of bargains these days, it's a buyers market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick update.

This is no longer a pistol build. Things happened, NFA trust was bought, and now it's a SBR build, and I'm going to the dark side.

I'll be selling my sig brace and phase 5 tube and getting the stock and 6 pos tube.

Other than that, I need a trigger, barrel, muzzle device (need to pick what suppressor I want in the future, AAC or silencerco) and a grip (k2)

I'd also like to either trade my 12" rainier rail for the 9" model, or sell it and buy a 9" Midwest ssk rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am jealous of your SBR.... I must one day get into stamp collecting.... ONE DAY!!!!
    Just a regular guy.