Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to quit kidding myself. I'm a liar if I say I didnt buy the sig brace with intentions to shoulder it. Why have a non adjustable stock. I paid 190 for the brace and phase5 kit...I'll pay $200 for a stamp to SBR it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Quick update.

This is no longer a pistol build. Things happened, NFA trust was bought, and now it's a SBR build, and I'm going to the dark side.

I'll be selling my sig brace and phase 5 tube and getting the stock and 6 pos tube.

Other than that, I need a trigger, barrel, muzzle device (need to pick what suppressor I want in the future, AAC or silencerco) and a grip (k2)

I'd also like to either trade my 12" rainier rail for the 9" model, or sell it and buy a 9" Midwest ssk rail.
    SBR is the easy part suppressor will run you dry lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think I've finally got this all worked out in my head. Trust gets notarized next week, form 1 gets filed that day most likely. I'll sell my sig brace and hex2 and have the money for a stock and the barrel.

When I finally get a 9" rail I'm thinking this upper is gonna be outfitted with a 10.5" Faxon nitrided barrel, and a VG6 epsilon. I'm still on the fence about the 10.5" vs 11.5" barrel though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10.5" barrel is my vote.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think I've finally got this all worked out in my head. Trust gets notarized next week, form 1 gets filed that day most likely. I'll sell my sig brace and hex2 and have the money for a stock and the barrel.

When I finally get a 9" rail I'm thinking this upper is gonna be outfitted with a 10.5" Faxon nitrided barrel, and a VG6 epsilon. I'm still on the fence about the 10.5" vs 11.5" barrel though.
    Two words for you" DWELL" & "TIME"...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two Words, "Get Both"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Two Words, "Get Both"
    You... I like you!!!

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have handled quite a few MAS Defense barrels and they all looked great. I owned their 10.5" 1:8 .223 Wylde barrel and loved it. My next will be the same barrel in stainless.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    I have handled quite a few MAS Defense barrels and they all looked great. I owned their 10.5" 1:8 .223 Wylde barrel and loved it. My next will be the same barrel in stainless.
    That barrel is also on my list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't expect much at the price I got it. It was overstock or blem, I forget, but I know it was under $100, and when I got it, it was perfect. And it was the most accurate barrel I've owned in 5.56.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    I didn't expect much at the price I got it. It was overstock or blem, I forget, but I know it was under $100, and when I got it, it was perfect. And it was the most accurate barrel I've owned in 5.56.
    They are $109 now. Not too shabby, and I've heard great reviews. And the whole idea behind this build was budget friendly, than I had to go and add another $200 to the equation.

I'm thinking all black, Ti forward assist, NIB BCG, alg trigger, stainless barrel and stainless epsilon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 1 eFiled today, 12/26. The wait begins.

Sold my sig brace and phase 5 tube. Now need to pick up the stock, trigger, barrel and muzzle device.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More updates. As a nice gesture, a member here and his wife offered to pick up my MFT stock for me if I promised to forego the ALG trigger in favor of a CMC... So looks like I'll be getting a cmc.

Upon the advise of UW to start with a H buffer. I'm gonna pick up a H2. If my gun prefers the h2, then I will leave it, if it's too much, I'll take the h2 and my spare carbine buffer apart and make 2 H buffers.

Then I'll need a barrel and muzzle device, and the gun will be ready to fire. Will likely get a red dot for my birthday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More updates. As a nice gesture, a member here and his wife offered to pick up my MFT stock for me if I promised to forego the ALG trigger in favor of a CMC... So looks like I'll be getting a cmc.

Upon the advise of UW to start with a H buffer. I'm gonna pick up a H2. If my gun prefers the h2, then I will leave it, if it's too much, I'll take the h2 and my spare carbine buffer apart and make 2 H buffers.

Then I'll need a barrel and muzzle device, and the gun will be ready to fire. Will likely get a red dot for my birthday.
    I have a rainer Flash Supressor I won back in the football contest on here. Your more then welcome to it.

I wish I could SBR the two pistol builds that are in the works

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can say this... Don't get the ALG SCB... Unless you LOVE fireballs. The brake works great, but the flash is a little crazy on my 11.5. I will probably install it onto one of my other rifles.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic