Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    One of my customers just bought a .308 DPMS AR 10 for $1300 new.
    Before optics & bipod, the .308 gun I built for a good friend of mine set him back about $2,100. That was with high quality components all the way around; CMT Billet receiver set, Rainier Arms Select 20" polygonal rifled barrel, CMT BCG which was headspaced by CMT, (I sent the complete upper to them after it was built), Timney single stage 4 lb trigger, and a Midwest Industries Gen 2 15" handguard. He added a nice Leupold scope and a bipod. I'd rather build from the ground up and have exactly what I want, than buy and change a bunch of stuff out, and end up with the same or more money in a gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Before optics & bipod, the .308 gun I built for a good friend of mine set him back about $2,100. That was with high quality components all the way around; CMT Billet receiver set, Rainier Arms Select 20" polygonal rifled barrel, CMT BCG which was headspaced by CMT, (I sent the complete upper to them after it was built), Timney single stage 4 lb trigger, and a Midwest Industries Gen 2 15" handguard. He added a nice Leupold scope and a bipod. I'd rather build from the ground up and have exactly what I want, than buy and change a bunch of stuff out, and end up with the same or more money in a gun.
    +1... I swapped parts on my first AR.. ended up with almost twice as much in it by the time i got it like I wanted it. As far as 308 sized rifles are concerned to me its one of the times that not all parts are created equal...