Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision Ultra Light 30mm Scope Mount

Hey guys, just to start i have had this for only a week or 2, so this is my initial impression and some pics to entertain you. Even if they are not the greatest..lol..

Anyways right out of the box, they are not joking, this thing is LIGHT, weighing in at only 2.98 OZ's. I have a ADM mount and although its nice, its probably double the weight , but also over double the cost.

6061 T6 extruded aluminum construction
    MIL-A-Type 3 black hard-coat anodize
    Made in the USA.........

The Aero Precision ultra light 30mm scope mount , Comes packaged nicely and they even include a nice torx tip for the mount, after i had it mounted up, i just thru it in my handle for whenever needed.

Nice solid design with 3 torx head screws to clamp on to the rail

You can see in this better angle the bottom of the mount

This mount is also different in that it uses a different method to holding the scope down.Where as other mounts have screws at top and bottom, the Aero mount has a sorta hook setup on top and 2 torx screws on the bottom, had no problems, scoped mounted up nice and tight.

Vortex 1-4 PST i just traded into, in the new Aero mount.

Mounted up on the gun.

Like i said, have not it too long. Went out yesterday and quickly put a few rounds down range to get the scope close.

Overall for the price point, i think the Aero precision scope mounts are a good value, for the average joe and maybe even farther. The fact that is has no QD, no biggie really, maybe they will make a QD model down the road. Also to note, this mount was the same height as my ADM mount, which gave a nice sight picture with the CTR stock on the gun

But overall, the mount is nice, lightweight, rigid and a excellent choice for like i said less then 1/2 the cost or more of other mounts, But like everything, it all has its place.

Check them out and ill post up later as to how its doing.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/scope-mo...ope-mount.html
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 24 December 2014 at 00:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice write up MF!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Like that price point too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the price. I have optics that i never remove, anyway. I wouldn't need quick detach mounts for them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys !!

The price point is nice and at the moment, it looks like these are definitely worth the money. One more pic...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went out again and shot a bunch thru it and still holding zero perfect and no screws coming loose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice write up brother.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did you decide which model to get? I emailed them and asked them how to pic but never heard back. I see three models that appear to push the rings further and further forward, but no information or guide on how to choose between the three.

they appear to go, in order from shortest to longest...
    1) Ultralight 30mm Scope Mount
    2) Ultralight 30mm Scope Mount, Extended
    3) Ultralight 30mm scope mount, SPR
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    How did you decide which model to get? I emailed them and asked them how to pic but never heard back. I see three models that appear to push the rings further and further forward, but no information or guide on how to choose between the three.

they appear to go, in order from shortest to longest...
    1) Ultralight 30mm Scope Mount
    2) Ultralight 30mm Scope Mount, Extended
    3) Ultralight 30mm scope mount, SPR

The extended scope mount has the rear mounting ring moved forward 1” for better eye relief over the standard mount. The SPR has both rings moved forward 1” over the extended mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The extended scope mount has the rear mounting ring moved forward 1” for better eye relief over the standard mount. The SPR has both rings moved forward 1” over the extended mount.
    Right, but what does that mean in terms of application, or how do I pick which one I need/want?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Right, but what does that mean in terms of application, or how do I pick which one I need/want?
    Sorry Rob, that's the only answer Aero gave me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob,

You can buy the normal one on Brownells and return it if it's not far enough forward. Gotta love Brownells' return policy....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Rob,

You can buy the normal one on Brownells and return it if it's not far enough forward. Gotta love Brownells' return policy....
    I'm sure I could buy all three from Aero and return them, I'm just trying to avoid that, hence asking the OP his thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As you can see in my last pic, for me it sits perfect and still looks like plenty of room for some flip up back up sights..which i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Nice write up brother.
    Thanks buddy, trying to contribute where i can.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's room there to flip up a backup sight without taking off the scope and mount? If not, how are you going to Remove the scope and mount to deploy the backup sight without throwlevers?