Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    As you can see in my last pic, for me it sits perfect and still looks like plenty of room for some flip up back up sights..which i need.
    Like rob mentioned, since it's not a QD mount, deploying backup iron sights is not going to happen. I suppose you meant 45 degree sights, which I personally think suck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tested their Standard and Extended Ultralight mounts. They are touch notch, well made, and super lightweight. Plus, the folks at Aero Precision are awesome.

They are my go to mounts for rifles that don't need QD. I hope to get one of their SPR mounts in the near future.

Nice write-up OP, thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, I've got to get home and in my safe. I have a Weaver Tactical scope in a Burris P.E.P.R. QD mount, but I believe it's 1 in. Haven't looked at it for a long time. It's now going to be mounted on my AR-10, when I get it finished, but it is HEAVY. Also have a Burris Fast Fire III mounted on top of one of the rings (that is railed on top). I'd sure like to lose a lot of that weight, if that scope is 30mm. Would give up the QD, so I'd have to factor that in too.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Damn, I've got to get home and in my safe. I have a Weaver Tactical scope in a Burris P.E.P.R. QD mount, but I believe it's 1 in. Haven't looked at it for a long time. It's now going to be mounted on my AR-10, when I get it finished, but it is HEAVY. Also have a Burris Fast Fire III mounted on top of one of the rings (that is railed on top). I'd sure like to lose a lot of that weight, if that scope is 30mm. Would give up the QD, so I'd have to factor that in too.
    They make the Ultralight in 1" and 30mm configuration.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After some looking around finally found a 30mm extended in stock at joebobs. PA 1-6x will be housed in it as soon as they arrive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    After some looking around finally found a 30mm extended in stock at joebobs. PA 1-6x will be housed in it as soon as they arrive.
    Right on...I'll be curious to hear your impressions on the PA scope..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someone was nice enough to loan me a Leupold 1-6 in an Aero mount. The mount is not the extended, and not the SPR, and it sits too far rearward for me. I'm going to order the SPR today and move things around before I go zero.

Something I noticed looking at the Aero page, the standard has a pretty good gap between the front and rear ring, with the rear ring being at the back of the mounting plate. The extended simply moves that ring forward, which in turn seems to me to really shrink that gap and limit the mounting options. I'm going with the SPR because it appears to me that they shifted the rear ring even further forward and extended the front ring out a bit.

Standard

Extended

SPR
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm surprised they (at least the SPR model) don't have the option of a 20moa cant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Right on...I'll be curious to hear your impressions on the PA scope..
    Preliminary review and pics coming tonight. Shooting review this weekend or next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The extended and the SPR mount have the same spacing between the rings. The extended mount moves the rear ring forward 1" and the SPR mount moves both rings forward another 1".

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm surprised they (at least the SPR model) don't have the option of a 20moa cant.
    I have yet to see a need for a 20MOA cant on a mount when using a scope on an AR. Most all of the scopes I've used have plenty of elevation adjustment to get out to 500+ yards.

Unless you're shooting out to 1000 yards, I don't see the need, and I'm sure that's the reason they chose to have 0 cant in their mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Will@AR15Hunter View Post
    I have yet to see a need for a 20MOA cant on a mount when using a scope on an AR. Most all of the scopes I've used have plenty of elevation adjustment to get out to 500+ yards.

Unless you're shooting out to 1000 yards, I don't see the need, and I'm sure that's the reason they chose to have 0 cant in their mounts.
    I'm sure it no can't is fine on an AR, and I don't need the can't, but I could see a use for it on top of a .308 AR, or perhaps a bolt gun with a picatinny base. Neither here nor there, I'm happy with mine, and will more than accommodate the confines of my shooting ability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure it no can't is fine on an AR, and I don't need the can't, but I could see a use for it on top of a .308 AR, or perhaps a bolt gun with a picatinny base. Neither here nor there, I'm happy with mine, and will more than accommodate the confines of my shooting ability.
    Agreed. Something like a .308 AR that is purpose built for long range, I can see the cant coming into play.

I love mine also.

I haven't used the SPR model yet, however I have the original and extended mounts. They are the best mounts out there if you don't need QD, IMO, which I personally don't need. They hold zero, they are super light, and very well made. Not to mention AP's awesome CS.

There was talk about a QD version back when they first started making them, but that seems to have been put on the back burner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I came home to a UPS box today with mine in it today.

I got the Black SPR Version.

Once I am done with my build (waiting on parts) we can compare notes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    looks nice