Lower:
    AXTS AX556 Lower
    Nice call!

:-)

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    As for the lower parts, looks like Rainier is releasing something similar to the AXTS but without the ambi bolt release, with will probably be cheaper I'd think.
    I suspect anyone shopping an AX556 is looking for the whole enchilada.

No ambi bolt release. Sesh!

;-)

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, the KMR is insanely light. Worth overlooking some cosmetic fragility IMO.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Nice call!

:-)

-john
    Thank You, I'm used to the weight of the billet lowers from my Black Rain lower so the jump will be familiar.

FWIW, the KMR is insanely light. Worth overlooking some cosmetic fragility IMO.

-john
    My main concern is the rigidity. I want to be able to take it to classes, so I don't really mind if the finish chips or scuffs easily. I will eventually get it cerakoted so the original finish condition isn't a big deal.
    I like the mounting system the KMR uses as well as the overall weight. Plus it gives me a reason to order from BCM again.
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AFAIK, the KMR is very rigid.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    AFAIK, the KMR is very rigid.

-john
    Judging from the countless articles that I have found on Magneium Alloy and it's capabilities, I think it is good to go. Sort of relative to graphene, in the properties sense.
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm stuck. Should I really fork over the 768 for the upper? Time is of the essence as everybody and their brother knows about the sale now.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You snooze you lose I guess. Everything is practically sold out.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    You snooze you lose I guess. Everything is practically sold out.
    Well I think there's still a pretty big selection, but it is dwindling fast. If you want to get something, now is definitely the time to do it.

I've noticed on the shorter uppers I was looking at, like the 11.5" and the 12.5" they are only offering a free BCG, no Free Comp. Those seem to be limited to the 14.5 and 16's.

I don't see the free comp as a huge selling point unless that's absolutely the muzzle device you were going to buy anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well I think there's still a pretty big selection, but it is dwindling fast. If you want to get something, now is definitely the time to do it.

I've noticed on the shorter uppers I was looking at, like the 11.5" and the 12.5" they are only offering a free BCG, no Free Comp. Those seem to be limited to the 14.5 and 16's.

I don't see the free comp as a huge selling point unless that's absolutely the muzzle device you were going to buy anyway.
    I was mainly looking for the BFH. I don't need the durability of it but it's nice to know that it has that extra durability. I ended up getting the 16in BFH Midlength Lightweight w/ KMR 13in. I might keep my current upper, buy a BCM Barrel and swap em out. I mainly wanted to shed unnecessary weight but also strengthen it at the same time. Can't wait to get it. Saved roughly 300 with the free bolt and comp. I'm happy. lol. Did you end up picking up the 11.5?
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both a BCM KMR and MI SSK. I don't baby any of my firearms, with the exception of some collectibles. I haven't encountered the "soft" material that you mention, they have held up about as well as anything else I've got, including two rifles with Centurion C4 rails. Am I missing something here? If so, I hope to continue missing it. What's up with the heat gun?

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member