Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Inforce WMLx or Surefire Mini Scout Light

My next AR-Related purchase now that I bought a BCM upper will be a weapon light. I currently have the Surefire M951 Incandescent with the ARMS mount, looking to replace it. It's heavy, inefficient, eats batteries; basically it's outdated. So, I am deciding on what weapon light to pickup. I like lumen output, compactness and user interface the WMLX offers. I like the lumen output, user friendly output and rigidness of the Mini Scout.
    Any opinions, reviews, if you're running either one of these feel free to comment.

Thanks!
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your planning on mounting it at 12 o'clock then the Inforce is a good option due to price and weight. If your mounting at any other angle then I prefer the Surefire. The only complaint I have about the M300B is the price.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Surefire Scout Lights, in my opinion the best lights on the market. However, everyone is on a budget, so the WML may suit your wallet better. As for the 12 'oclock position, I agree, the WML is better suited for that. You could always go with a Surefire X300 series if you want a 12 o'clock mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are both good products, but it's hard to compare the two.
    Inforce is great, like others have said if you are on a budget and need a high value option.
    But the Surefire is made of aluminum and the Inforce is some sort of injection molded plastic. I am not sure what it is exactly, but it isn't normal polymer.
    Light output from both is more than sufficient.

My personal preference is the M300 Mini on a Thorntail or GearSector mount and the SR switch on the top rail so it can be reach from either hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered the Streamlight TLR series? The fairly new TLR-1 HL is a C4 LED with 630 Lumens, 4.18 oz., aluminum, works with their tape switch, and has a street price under $120 if you shop around. I've had good luck with Streamlight units.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If your planning on mounting it at 12 o'clock then the Inforce is a good option due to price and weight. If your mounting at any other angle then I prefer the Surefire. The only complaint I have about the M300B is the price.
    While this won't completely solve the problem, in my research of Scout Mini lights, I found that Weapon Outfitters had one of the lowest prices going. If you register with the site, you'll get occasional sales coming your way, usually around 10%. It seriously takes the bite out of buying a 300B. If you've spent some other cash with them, you even get points, which can further drop the price. Just a FYI.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been thinking about the Surefire for awhile now. The Inforce is good but I like the proven reliability of the Surefires. I think I am going to pickup the Surefire Mini Scout in a Impact Weapons Components Thorntail Keymod mount. The pickup the SR07 tape for it as well.
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I've been thinking about the Surefire for awhile now. The Inforce is good but I like the proven reliability of the Surefires. I think I am going to pickup the Surefire Mini Scout in a Impact Weapons Components Thorntail Keymod mount. The pickup the SR07 tape for it as well.
    A Surefire Scout Light it one of those things you can never have too many of. Every good defensive carbine needs a white light. Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    A Surefire Scout Light it one of those things you can never have too many of. Every good defensive carbine needs a white light. Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.
    Yeah that's the thing. When I was deciding on whether to either pickup the full BCM BFH Upper or just the barrel and KMR I knew that I would kick myself for not getting in on the free BCG and Mod 0. Same goes with the Surefire Mini Scout in a thorntail mount. My goal is to lighten my rifle while strengthening it's weak points. I want it to be as light as possible while be as strong as possible. Strong for me is best lumens, construction, user friendliness.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Have you considered the Streamlight TLR series? The fairly new TLR-1 HL is a C4 LED with 630 Lumens, 4.18 oz., aluminum, works with their tape switch, and has a street price under $120 if you shop around. I've had good luck with Streamlight units.
    I have this light and have had no problems with it. A good investment IMO.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread, just reminds me , I need a light setup..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Good call, because even if you went with the Inforce, you'd probably still wonder if you should have purchased the Surefire.
    I've always been a fan of SF lights and have carried an E2D in my flight suit for years, but I started with an Inforce (Haley) light first. So, yeah, your post pretty much sums it up.

Looking forward to the days getting a little shorter (and cooler) so I can finally take a night course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I've always been a fan of SF lights and have carried an E2D in my flight suit for years, but I started with an Inforce (Haley) light first. So, yeah, your post pretty much sums it up.

Looking forward to the days getting a little shorter (and cooler) so I can finally take a night course.
    I'm just looking forward to winter. I am not a fan of summer at all. Plus I hope to take a night course to test the surefire.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    This thread, just reminds me , I need a light setup..
    lol, watching a few HSP videos on low light stuff reminded me that my current setup sucks.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am wanting to go surefire on my AK and AR setup's but for the time being i think i am gonna go with Inforce. I have had plenty and still have plenty surefire products but i have not had the cash to put into any scout lights at the moment maybe around taxtime ill switch.
    NRA Life Member
    M&P, AK, BCM, and Benchmade Junkie