Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Is it true that the 45 degree selector is going away do to it's compatibility with some triggers like the TTU?
    I'm not sure on the reasoning why 45 degree selectors are going away, but I just know that they are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far...

I opted for an ALG ACT FCG and a BAD ASS 90 degree with cranks and an A5 receiver extension and buffer system. The rest are parts I had sitting around. I did try a Seekins "enhanced" bolt catch but the hole wasn't big enough to prevent binding on the roll pin. When I measured it, it was a few thousandths off. It will be cheaper to just drill it rather than send it back. The upper is a BCM blem I had in the drawer -- fits perfectly. Still haven't decided on a barrel yet. Very interested in a Sionics melanite, but haven't seen any long term use info on them yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good Hmac, what stock and rail are you going with?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stock will probably be a CTR. I have one on an SBR and like it fine. Barrel, forearm and optic will be defined by the rifle's purpose, once I decide what that is. I'm kind of interested in the Giessele rails and Sionics barrels. My only 16 inch rifle has a VIS upper and it's kind of heavy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 13" Geissele MK4 on a 14.5". My BAD-15 lower is going to be a 11.5". I'm considering a 10.75" URX4 and the CMR, but I've got sometime to kill.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmac, is that lower on the Rainier Upper you got from the last giveaway?

GOST, that's the same upper that RA used in the picture with the Battle Arms Lower. Looks like they match up pretty well. In my opinion the Battle Arms lower has the same type of finish as the Mega Forged Receivers. Mega doesn't do the Mil-Spec RA uppers, but surprisingly they still match decently.

If you can wait, Battle Arms is going to eventually put out an upper, and a Billet Ambi Lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hmac, is that lower on the Rainier Upper you got from the last giveaway?
    Actually not. That RA upper was the first one I tried, and it almost fit this lower, but not quite. Had to pound the takedown pin in, so I went with the one above...a BCM blem that I picked up a year or so ago. Probably, when push comes to shove and I actually decide on a barrel, I'll assemble the upper on the RA that I won. The takedown pin will wear in just fine, I'm sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you can wait, Battle Arms is going to eventually put out an upper, and a Billet Ambi Lower.

Oh man why did you have to say that.....wonder how long till this matching upper will be till it's available? ..I wish i had the extra scratch to pick one of these up like the clean look of this lower...and now even more knowing a matching upper is coming..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was considering either a Mega forged or a RA gen2, and now BAD has their own coming out. Not only does BAD make the best selectors their customer service is second to none, Roger and George are the best.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Even their business cards rock.

[IMG] image by gostsystems, on Flickr[/IMG]
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads

[IMG] image by gostsystems, on Flickr[/IMG]
    That's bad ass

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow - what's that made out of? Aluminum?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure which is sexier, this BA lower or the Gen 3 Noveske.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Wow - what's that made out of? Aluminum?
    Not sure, but it's heavier than aluminum.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Not sure which is sexier, this BA lower or the Gen 3 Noveske.
    I have both and My vote is for the BAD-15. The Gen 3 is very nice but i like the Gen 2 better considering that it's $75 cheaper.
    flickr
    facebook