Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm not sure on the reasoning why 45 degree selectors are going away, but I just know that they are.
    Wait, whut?

by "going away" are we talking about no longer offering for sale?

I don't have any interest in titanium takedown pins, and I need another lower like I need a bag on my hip, but I actually LIKE the 45* selectors... and they are certainly more useful than some gimpy aftermarket trigger....
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    These lowers look to have a pretty good bevel on the magwell. I've been going through the safe, looking at assembling a few parts I have laying around into one ninja lower, and the Accurate Armory is the one I have with the most/best bevel to the magwell. Any chance of a shot straight-on to the magwell, looking up from the bottom, to gauge the amount of bevel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I understood correctly, they'll have something similar to the 45, they are just changing the angle slightly. Haven't heard any suggestions why the new angle is "better" tho.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW posted that the new short throws will be somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees, but I'm with Rob on this one I guess I better buy another 45 before they're gone.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    These lowers look to have a pretty good bevel on the magwell. I've been going through the safe, looking at assembling a few parts I have laying around into one ninja lower, and the Accurate Armory is the one I have with the most/best bevel to the magwell. Any chance of a shot straight-on to the magwell, looking up from the bottom, to gauge the amount of bevel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently we're behind the curve, the new 50 degree short throw selectors from Battle Arms Development are already out.

http://shop.battlearmsdevelopment.co...BAD-ASS-ST.htm
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The change on the BAD-ASS-ST from 45-50 was made to ensure compatibility with Wilson Combat's line of triggers. That change was made quite some time ago but isn't really a noticeable change.

They won't be changing it again as far as I understand.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pic of the magwell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wait, whut?

by "going away" are we talking about no longer offering for sale?

I don't have any interest in titanium takedown pins, and I need another lower like I need a bag on my hip, but I actually LIKE the 45* selectors... and they are certainly more useful than some gimpy aftermarket trigger....
    Like GOST mentioned the 50 degree selectors are now out and will be replacing the 45 degree. Most won't really notice a difference in the 5 degrees. If you're wondering why, my understanding was Battle Arms decided to go from 45 to 50 because of compatibility with some drop in triggers. The Wilson Combat TTU-3G at the time was pretty popular but because some people complained that with the 45 you could force it to fire even when on safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The noveske 60 degree selector would work fine with this lower correct, just slightly off on the marking?

Ambi safeties rub my finger raw normally so I've gotten quite use to the noveske 60 single side selector.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's sick. Post another pic when it comes together please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    So far...

I opted for an ALG ACT FCG and a BAD ASS 90 degree with cranks and an A5 receiver extension and buffer system. The rest are parts I had sitting around. I did try a Seekins "enhanced" bolt catch but the hole wasn't big enough to prevent binding on the roll pin. When I measured it, it was a few thousandths off. It will be cheaper to just drill it rather than send it back. The upper is a BCM blem I had in the drawer -- fits perfectly. Still haven't decided on a barrel yet. Very interested in a Sionics melanite, but haven't seen any long term use info on them yet.

I decided to skip the Sionics barrel....they tell me that they don't have enough of a track record to comment on longevity of the barrel (throat erosion, gas port erosion). The whole melonite process is complicated enough that I think I'll pay the $100 premium and go with an Adams Arms/Voodoo barrel. I'm sure the Sionics barrels are accurate....I'm also interested in longevity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    UW posted that the new short throws will be somewhere between 50 and 60 degrees, but I'm with Rob on this one I guess I better buy another 45 before they're gone.

You can still by the 45 degree center section separately. I'll probably get one since I have several extra levers and can sell a 90 degree kit complete this way. With any luck they will go on sale now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From BAD's Facebook page:

BAD-15 PREMIUM FORGED LOWER RECEIVERS ARE SHIPPING!!! ☆ ☆ ☆ NEW GEN2 LOWERS COMES WITH TENSION SCREW, CAPTIVE TAKEDOWN PIN DENT SPRING SCREW, AND BOLT CATCH SCREW! ALSO RELIEF CUT FOR OUR LATEST REVERSIBLE AMBI SAFETY SELECTOR. ALL AT NO PRICE INCREASE!

flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    From BAD's Facebook page:

BAD-15 PREMIUM FORGED LOWER RECEIVERS ARE SHIPPING!!! ☆ ☆ ☆ NEW GEN2 LOWERS COMES WITH TENSION SCREW, CAPTIVE TAKEDOWN PIN DENT SPRING SCREW, AND BOLT CATCH SCREW! ALSO RELIEF CUT FOR OUR LATEST REVERSIBLE AMBI SAFETY SELECTOR. ALL AT NO PRICE INCREASE!

Saw that. Want even more now.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/