Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the super-good-deal on the Colt 6720s that had me asking this question passed, so I'm safe for now!

I also found them in-stock at BCM. Odd that so many companies have them in and out of stock but I couldn't find them on Centurion's website.

I think a $800 6720, that rail, and an Aimpoint PRO would give you just about everything you need. Add a Surefire X300 and an SOB sling on QDs and it wouldn't cost much at all and you'd have about everything you need without much fiddle-fart.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Centurion just recently revamped their website, and not everything that used to be up is back up. I know they also just moved from CA to flyover country, so they were pretty busy for a while doing all of that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Well, the super-good-deal on the Colt 6720s that had me asking this question passed, so I'm safe for now!

I also found them in-stock at BCM. Odd that so many companies have them in and out of stock but I couldn't find them on Centurion's website.

I think a $800 6720, that rail, and an Aimpoint PRO would give you just about everything you need. Add a Surefire X300 and an SOB sling on QDs and it wouldn't cost much at all and you'd have about everything you need without much fiddle-fart.
    Well not sure if this is "the deal" but it's $800

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...il-barrel.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Strike Industries mega fins keymod rail has a carbine length cutout and extends past the sight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know of any of these CA 12" FSP rails in stock anywhere? Looks like all the usual places are out, along with a lot of other CA products. I'm debating grabbing one of these (if I can find one) or just grabbing a standard CA 12" and save myself an ounce of weight by removing the FSP.

Or just remove my RAS and put on a CA C4 7". Decisions, decisions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go with the 12.0 in whichever flavor, it's absolutely worth it. I'd price/weight out that decision with a DD Fixed Front Sight (cheapest best choice among those), then make that decision. I suspect a bit of the weight savings is gone -although the shaved FSP opens up options if you're running a low powered variable optic (run something like MBUS/Pro, Troy, KAC, or other BUIS)
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not just take the FSB off rather than grinding stuff down and put a low profile gas block on the rifle that the rail slides over? You'd have to take the FSB off to put a free float rail on anyway.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Why not just take the FSB off rather than grinding stuff down and put a low profile gas block on the rifle that the rail slides over? You'd have to take the FSB off to put a free float rail on anyway.
    Actually, that was the pint of the thread. There are handguards that do not require removal of the FSB to install, but have a cutout for the FSB which allows for a longer handguard.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Actually, that was the pint of the thread. There are handguards that do not require removal of the FSB to install, but have a cutout for the FSB which allows for a longer handguard.
    Word.

I may have to sit this one out for another couple of weeks due to funds, but I'm still debating the CA 12" vs CA 12" FSP...if I could actually find a FSP in stock anywhere. Hopefully Monty isn't having any business issues after his last PCS/move.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I heard Centurion Arms is no longer making those rails.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    From what I heard Centurion Arms is no longer making those rails.
    That's what I've heard as well. You could probably find a used one on the secondary market at a reduced price. I have one FSB C4 Rail, and it's been pretty typical Centurion Arms quality. Perfect spot for a Surefire X300 at the 12 o'clock position.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, but they aren't free float hand guards. They are drop in hand guards and all of them that I know of use the delta ring. FAB Defense makes a nice one.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Right, but they aren't free float hand guards. They are drop in hand guards and all of them that I know of use the delta ring. FAB Defense makes a nice one.
    If you're talking about the Centurion Rails, they are free float.

Downloads
    Uploads
    kool-aid and no flavor.... that is all...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Someday id like to use a centurion rail on a build, they look tough, quality rails...