Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
That's a great price for the DD RIS II in this market. The other ones I've seen are $400. I think that guy that's charging $400 for the CA one is just trying to cash in on the scarcity as well as the RIS II look. I'm tempted to grab that RIS II from PA just because it might be worth it...then again, I'd have to pay for the gun-smithing. I don't rally have the tools to remove and reinstall a FSP.

RIS II FDEs are unicorns now and demand a premium. You can still find black RIS IIs and RIS II FSPs, but they're marked up. For the time being, DD has said they aren't selling RIS II rails by themselves due to .gov contracts needing to be met.
I picked up one of the black RIS II FSPs from Primary Arms just last week. It arrived yesterday, in fact. At that price, and with them becoming more difficult to find, i couldn't pass it up (even though i really wanted one in FDE). Now i've either got to fabricate a bench block to remove the FSB taper pins, or buy one. And reassembling the FSB to to barrel, i doubt any bench block will offer much support with the rail in the way. This ought to be an interesting project.