Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to have football back

It's good to have football back. Who's your team? Go Vols.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alabama - Roll Tide!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    Alabama - Roll Tide!!!
    NOOOOOO!!!
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seahawks of course......Go Hawks!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay Alabama Crimson Tide look at all the losers on the other side! Roll Tide Roll!
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How do you cheer for a team where they think that a tide is an elephant?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    And if you get the job at Beretta one of the job requirements is that you can only be a fan of a team within the state.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    You better hope Beretta doesn't find out your a Bama fan.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post

Easy I grew up in T-town. My grandparents owned a restaurant on Univ. BLVD. Paul Bryant sitting a table talking it up with my grandfather.
    Football is the heart and soul of the SEC...Friday night high school ball, Saturday night college ball, Sunday was for church and the family getting together to talk about Friday and Saturday nights games. No other conference will understand what it means to us...you know what I am talking about....every person from the SEC knows.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to live a Maxwell Air Force base in Montgomery, AL. My sister and dad are Tide fans. Funny thing is that neither UT or Bama won their state championship game last year.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roll tide!!

In case you aren't familiar with the Elephant Story:

The story of how Alabama became associated with the "elephant" goes back to the 1930 season when Coach Wallace Wade had assembled a great football team.

On October 8, 1930, sports writer Everett Strupper of the Atlanta Journal wrote a story of the Alabama-Mississippi game he had witnessed in Tuscaloosa four days earlier. Strupper wrote, "That Alabama team of 1930 is a typical Wade machine, powerful, big, tough, fast, aggressive, well-schooled in fundamentals, and the best blocking team for this early in the season that I have ever seen. When those big brutes hit you I mean you go down and stay down, often for an additional two minutes.

"Coach Wade started his second team that was plenty big and they went right to their knitting scoring a touchdown in the first quarter against one of the best fighting small lines that I have seen. For Ole Miss was truly battling the big boys for every inch of ground.

"At the end of the quarter, the earth started to tremble, there was a distant rumble that continued to grow. Some excited fan in the stands bellowed, 'Hold your horses, the elephants are coming,' and out stamped this Alabama varsity.

"It was the first time that I had seen it and the size of the entire eleven nearly knocked me cold, men that I had seen play last year looking like they had nearly doubled in size."

Strupper and other writers continued to refer to the Alabama linemen as "Red Elephants," the color referring to the crimson jerseys.

The 1930 team posted an overall 10-0 record. It shut out eight opponents and allowed only 13 points all season while scoring 217. The "Red Elephants" rolled over Washington State 24-0 in the Rose Bowl and were declared National Champions.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did so many of you Bama fans end up in MI?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the Auburn love?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did so many of you Bama fans end up in MI?
    I am a transplant, not from Michigan haha I hate this state.... HATE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to have football back

Yeah... Roll Tide... And as far as the NFL, see my avatar, and if you can't see it just wait a month til Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are back out there collectively crushing skulls.

But to be clear, as long as the Orioles are in contention, it's baseball season til October.
    Last edited by Ride4frnt; 5 August 2014 at 07:44.