Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Just got back from the 68Forums Southeast shoot in north Ga this weekend and it was a blast. The 8.2 Wolvie demo I took performed great and put a lot of smiles on some faces. Another member, that I recently found out is also a member here brought a 16'' scout Wolverine that he actually won the 100yd free arm one shot challenge to take home a new 16'' ARP 6.8 barrel. I competed with my 6.8 since it was open to the long guns only and got beat by the Wolvie ( by only inches in my defense) and was 3rd out of 14. I also came in third in the 3gun shoot with a borrowed Glock and completely skipped a shotgun target for a 5 sec. deduction. The WLV ate up the steel at 100yds from prone and off hand, prone I was able to put rounds on a 3'' pink steel deemed the pink lady at will, wrapped it around the beam. We got some good vids and pics comin, hopefully I get us some links soon. Now to send the 8'' upper back home so maybe we can get back on track with the 10.5'' barrel.
    Hey that's me you're talking about lol. I've been a lucky guy here lately. First the 308 build parts and then the barrel this past weekend. I've been told to take the horseshoe out of my A$$. Yea the WLV stole the show that's for sure. But hey sometime all it takes is a few inches...

Also the WLV did pretty good at the 300m mark as well. It was still ringing steel at that distance. Drop was not horrible, I'm no expert calculating it but it was just a little over 2 marks on my viper 6.5-20x44 dead hold bdc scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post

Hey that's me you're talking about lol. I've been a lucky guy here lately. First the 308 build parts and then the barrel this past weekend. I've been told to take the horseshoe out of my A$$. Yea the WLV stole the show that's for sure. But hey sometime all it takes is a few inches...

Also the WLV did pretty good at the 300m mark as well. It was still ringing steel at that distance. Drop was not horrible, I'm no expert calculating it but it was just a little over 2 marks on my viper 6.5-20x44 dead hold bdc scope.
    Thanks for chiming in medic. Now you need to show these guys those pretty rainier parts that fell in your lap. Lucky dog.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for chiming in medic. Now you need to show these guys those pretty rainier parts that fell in your lap. Lucky dog.
    You mean these parts?

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...With-308-build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Oh, yea those parts. Bad thing is I even looked at that thread the other day and didn't even realize it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    NVM.. you saw it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Swamper, are you getting your barrels and components from Mad Dog Weapon Systems?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Swamper, are you getting your barrels and components from Mad Dog Weapon Systems?
    UW he is... I did as well... i have the 16" barrel, die set, and WFT 2 insert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    UW he is... I did as well... i have the 16" barrel, die set, and WFT 2 insert
    Gotcha, Well, looks like they are going to throw in a .277 barrel for the giveaway. Details to come.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha, Well, looks like they are going to throw in a .277 barrel for the giveaway. Details to come.
    AWESOME!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I do a fair amount of business with him, good guy. He should have my 10.5" barrel in the mail shortly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea I do a fair amount of business with him, good guy. He should have my 10.5" barrel in the mail shortly.
    So what are the ballistics like on this round? Does it shine with short barrels like 300 BLK or is 16" optimal?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've personally been getting 2800 fps average with a 90gd and 1680 powder with .7" grouping at 100yds... I have also been getting 2675 avg from a 100gr Accubond with MOA accuracy at 100 yds using the same powder... Ive got .4" grouping with 22.0gr of RE7 that still pushes a 90gr GD to well over 2600fps

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the numbers are on the heels of the 6.8 in the 16" barrel with less recoil. The 8.2" was naturally a little snappy with only a linier comp, but nature of the super short beast, nothing too bad though. I was getting about 2300fps out of 90gr. Gold dots in the 8.2" but as you can see in the pics the gold dot loved this speed at 100yds. The 8.2 was fun as hell but I think the 10.5 I have coming will be great for this round.