Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom Build Section is Live

We've started the custom build section by popular request. Please post your on-going projects and custom builds here. I've moved some of the threads already, and will continue to move as I see them. Thanks and enjoy! Can't wait to see all the new builds.

As always your continued feedback is appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool deal. I think this will be a hot section here soon
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait til that Stick giveaway and this joint will double.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted to move MoxyDave's Stickman build, but it's so old I couldn't find it... it was from the 50k giveaway...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wanted to move MoxyDave's Stickman build, but it's so old I couldn't find it... it was from the 50k giveaway...
    Haha hey now, quit hatin' on my slowness!

Good things take time! In fact, I just finished this rifle yesterday. Hopefully I can get my friend with the nice cameras to give me a hand this week, otherwise I'll have to shoot it with my beat-up old camera ...

Epic Stickman 50K Giveaway Rifle Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Haha hey now, quit hatin' on my slowness!

Good things take time! In fact, I just finished this rifle yesterday. Hopefully I can get my friend with the nice cameras to give me a hand this week, otherwise I'll have to shoot it with my beat-up old camera ...

Epic Stickman 50K Giveaway Rifle Build
    Dave, I thought you were just waiting for the stippled items... which was like a month ago, so that's why I decided to flip you some crap. But thanks to you, I found your original thread and moved it over. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, I got the grips from Battle Cock. They are super nice. Had some problems with the barrel and ended up replacing it with something else. I'll detail it in the thread when I have more time. Thanks man!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to get some decent pics of the parts I've started collecting for Project Egg Roll.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I need to get some decent pics of the parts I've started collecting for Project Egg Roll.
    Egg Roll....lol

Ill start a build thread here someday soon, slowly working on my version of the RA RUC... pistol.....

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Just taking up room

Heh, just noticed this section. Nothing since 2014? Might as well post here once a decade.

I said this was probably going to be my last build as the safe was stuffed and I’m in my codgerhood. Well… I gave three ARs to family members plus 2 of my last 3 lowers to recent gunsmith school graduate and then deep cleaned the safe. Whaddya know? Lurking were four more lowers in various stages of completion - a Colt, BCM, Mega and an LRB from maybe 2012. With 2 stripped uppers (one a Mega) I doubt I can resist at least one more.

The black 16’ is the new one. I’ve had the G Mk4 rail a long time. Love the looks and feel, but fewer attachment options put this at the end of the queue. When I got the Larue stealth barrel I thought it would pair well with the LMT components calling for some love - upper, lower, enhanced carrier, sock and grip. Not gonna can this one so maybe replace the carrier down the road. I planned on using the Razor 1-6 on the new build, but it was just too heavy so I swapped with the 3.5 ACOG. The silver is very light so now both are okay weight wise.

Both of these are general duty guns. I have 4 others I would choose first for defense or precision. Tap to embiggen.

Name:  IMG_1502.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  3.84 MB
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look great! Another fan of Bobro, I see. Pretty much my go-to optic mounting solution for gassers. Is that the ACOG that actually has decent eye relief?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. The 3X TA33 is lighter and also has great eye relief, but I prefer the 3.5x TA11 for it’s wider field of view. I have another on a .308 AR.

I’m mostly a Bobro guy, but like Larue also though it makes me wince every time I close the locking lever. Feels like I’m shaving the picatinny.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great looking builds!

I remember I loved all the SMR's when they were originally released, but older MK4 any longer than 9.5" has fallen out of favor with me, simply because you can't attach anything in the middle like a VFG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto. I’m addicted to Arisaka finger stops.

Anyone know the story of the different bottom vents on the Mk4s? My foggy memory says the black rail was the original prototype ( I think I got it from a G employee.) and the silver the production version. True or not the black one looks much better to me.