Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Ditto. I’m addicted to Arisaka finger stops.

Anyone know the story of the different bottom vents on the Mk4s? My foggy memory says the black rail was the original prototype ( I think I got it from a G employee.) and the silver the production version. True or not the black one looks much better to me.
    Ahhh see I'm trying to remember myself now, but that's like 10 years ago now. Man, time flies.

I'm addicted the Arisaka handstops vs the finger stops. I think Will had me in the waaaaaaaaaaaay back of his mind when I used to tell him I didn't care for the finger stop because it was too small. The handstop IMHO is killer though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish Will would make a handstop with barrier cleating on the front. 2 for 1.

Looks like Knight's makes one:

Name:  113895-Knight-s-Armament-FORWARD-HANDSTOP-WITH-BARRIER-S.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  14.4 KB
    Last edited by Joelski; 1 August 2023 at 18:33.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since this is the fancy thread, good things come to those who wait.. These things are going for insane cash on GB and elsewhere. Although it is KAC (who can hate that?), I like the functionality way better than the stock Aimpoint cap, so, status symbol indulgence: sure, but it twists circles around the stock part. KAC was stupid for discontinuing these and it's supported by the fact it sold out everywhere in minutes. I made a b-day score on OP and didn't even hog up the limit of 2 (Which could have easily paid for my cap and then some). If it weren't for greedy flippers, the market would be awesome instead of expensive and prohibitively exclusive.

Name:  20230710_171929.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  599.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    We each like our own things for various reasons, so I'm asking for my education...

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I wish Will would make a handstop with barrier cleating on the front. 2 for 1.
    Why do you find cleating to be helpful on a hand stop? If it's at the 6 o'clock position, the rail does most of the work of holding the rifle in position (along with the hand stop and your forward pressure). If it's at the 3 or 9 o'clock and used as a barrier stop, I can see it might being beneficial (like many barrier stops), but then it's not a hand stop anymore, so why not just get a barrier stop?

Or do you use two hand stops as index points, where one is at the 6 and the other is at the 3 or 9 and your hand fits in between?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So my reason is selfish, but I kinda hoped somebody would think it was cool-looking and try it out. My reason for having a barrier support texture on the same plane as an angled foregrip/handstop is to provide a surface to stabilize the rifle and relieve stress on my low back while offering a stable bracepoint to shoot from. My spine is maxed on things that can be done to alleviate pain and muscle stress, so my options are move, or change position frequently. The little bit of pressure against that brace can ease tension created by certain types of postures, an example being the tactical crouch. This is too long of an explanation; I'll just find an appropriately shaped hand stop and checker the front myself. 4-5 lpi ought to provide a nice cleat to firm up the rifle without having to expose a large part of the front end using a finger stop or the magwell.
    Last edited by Joelski; 23 July 2023 at 17:57.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried an inversion table for your back? I love mine, you can also eventually do inverted crunches and back strengthening exercises on it as well. I have the Fit Spine, i use it daily...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Have you tried an inversion table for your back? I love mine, you can also eventually do inverted crunches and back strengthening exercises on it as well. I have the Fit Spine, i use it daily...
    Used to have one. Cant tolerate it anymore. I'm fine as long as I move at least once an hour. I can't sit, stand or lay for longer without my back tightening up and developing spasms. My head and my ass are literally bolted on, so at least I can't forget them.