Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished Target American, the newest Sniper Elite by Scott McEwen and just started On Scope by Jack Coughlin. Neither one is a bad time waster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Preordered my copy of "The Reaper" today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Preordered my copy of "The Reaper" today.
    Me too......I think I'll try out his rifle too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just finished "America's secret MiG squadron" by Col. Peck. I work with a guy who used to be a crew chief in the programs early days. Its pretty interesting to hear some of his stories about how the Russians built their aircraft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally go through a few books a week so I am always looking for something new to read. I would avoid American guns though, it wasn't near as good as American Sniper and honestly just this side of wiping paper. YMMV though. I love anything by Ernest Hemingway and have been slowly been collecting leather bound editions. Laura Hildebraund is another all time favorite as del as anything by Steven Hunter. Vince Flynn also had some seriously good stuff, it truly sucked when he died of heart failure in his early forties. Tom CLancy is also a great read. Currently though I am re-reading History by Plutarch, one of the greatest literary minds of all time. I was turned on too him when i was going through a Louis L'amore kick in middle school and noticed Plutarch was mentioned in pretty much every one of his novels.
    Sorry Daddy. It's okay son. If you weren't screwing something up I wouldn't know you were trying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So...FT has been reading helter skelter. Speaking of, I recently read "Restless Souls" which is the Sharon Tate family's side of the Manson murders. Pretty interesting to hear the story from both perspectives.
    Ha..ha..great! You picked up on that... I wondered if anyone would get it, albeit a sick situation that involved horrible deaths of innocent people.. Even worse, though is that the Beatles did the song and Guns 'N Roses covered it. GNR must have really been short on material.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Ha..ha..great! You picked up on that... I wondered if anyone would get it, albeit a sick situation that involved horrible deaths of innocent people.. Even worse, though is that the Beatles did the song and Guns 'N Roses covered it. GNR must have really been short on material.
    I don't remember a GNR cover. You thinking of the Crüe?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reading 13 Hours the accounts of what happened on the ground in Benghazi
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Reading 13 Hours the accounts of what happened on the ground in Benghazi
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    The true story or the State Department/Whitehouse version?
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why I'm reluctant to read no easy day. Which version of the story is true?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't remember a GNR cover. You thinking of the Crüe?
    You're right, GNR didn't cover it, but about 35 other bands did, most notably Aerosmith and U2, U2 just opened with the song live, but didn't record it. Check out Wikipedia. I had no I idea how many people covered that song, indluding, as you said, Crue. GNR did cover a Charles Manson song, called "look at your game girl", on the Spaghetti Incident, which all of the band members fought with Rose over. So, nothing related to that book.

Still, good call on the book.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 18 September 2014 at 12:02.
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason I am fascinated by Age of Sail novels. Especially those that detail the techniques of sailing and sea warfare. The Patrick O'Brian series is the best by far. Also great are C.S.Forester, Dewey Lambdin and Julian Stockwin. Currently reading the first in new series by S. Thomas Russell- Under Enemy Colors.

The Sharpe's Rifles series is decent compliment for a basic understanding of land warfare in the same era.

Downloads
    Uploads

Story as told by the people on the ground as the events happened. Not the bloated BS Whitehouse version.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm reading Wevo and some WEVO oh and did I mention Wevo? I cannot find a book that can keep my interest right now 😣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk