Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Law Tactical Gen 3 Folding Stock Adaptor Discussion

Post any questions about the Law Tactical Gen 3 Folding Stock Adaptor here.

Here's the product announcement: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...-Stock-Adaptor

Downloads
    Uploads
    damn, been seeing a lot of promo shots of this and it's damn sexy!
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads

Gen3 Law folder impressions

Mods please move if this is wrong section.

The Gen3 Law folder came yesterday. As planned I installed on a 10.5" AR pistol. Fairly straight forward and only took a few minutes. Unit looks strong with clean machining. Locks closed with no wobble and folds easily. Release catch is small with mag release type berm to protect against accidental opening.

I decided to not use it for two reasons. First it adds to LOP beyond my preferred position. More importantly, I am not willing to give up being able to quickly pop open the upper. The bolt extension extends into folder making it neccesary to pull out the bolt to separate the upper.

But as I could see no reason the folder would not fit my Sig P556, I tried it and yes, it works great. That piggie is front heavy so extra length makes for better balance. And can be fired folded! At least I hope so. With no end plate the innards are open to the air folded. I need an opinion from a piston person whether that is a problem.

Gun fits nicely in padded Autoharp case. Room for 6-8 mags in front pouch. Larger rear pouch has backpack harness.http://www.amazon.com/Oscar-Schmidt-...+autoharp+case

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gents -

Moved your post to the existing discussion about the Law Tactical Folder. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 14.5" that I've been considering as a candidate for one of these. Can someone explain the steps needed to separate the upper from lower, as you would do for cleaning?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not difficult, just takes a little longer. The Law bolt extension slides into the rear of the AR bolt caririer and has o-rings to seal tightly. To separate upper first fold open the stock. Then pull the bolt out rearwards holding the spring loaded stop to the side. Then usual AR separation.

Since my Sig is piston, I don't use the bolt extension at all. Extension tube becomes a storage cavity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume you mean you remove the bolt carrier extension out the back, right? That makes sense, it doesn't sound too onerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I pulled the emtire BCG out with the extension. Maybe not the intended method?? But it worked.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would really like to get my hands on one of these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    I pulled the emtire BCG out with the extension. Maybe not the intended method?? But it worked.
    I'm trying to figure out how you can get the BCG with gas key out that round hole. I'm obviously missing something!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doh!! Chalk it up to senility. I had already transferred the hinge to the Sig and was mis-remembering. I pulled the BCG w/extension out together AFTER removing entire LAW assembly. Design is of course to pull carrier extension out only. I did not because I was taking all off any way and easier to separate after dissassembly. Good catch

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uffdaphil - have you ever fired the stock adaptor from a DI gun? I remember seeing stuff about this back from it's Gen 2 era. Been thinking about getting one for my future gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my first one. Just got it. The reviews looked good though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks perfect on your Sig. Very nice.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Doh!! Chalk it up to senility. I had already transferred the hinge to the Sig and was mis-remembering. I pulled the BCG w/extension out together AFTER removing entire LAW assembly. Design is of course to pull carrier extension out only. I did not because I was taking all off any way and easier to separate after dissassembly. Good catch
    OK, that makes sense! I think I want to try one of these.