Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seling an EOTech 517 to fund an Aimpoint H-1 purchase?

So I am thinking about selling my EOTech 517 to fund an Aimpoint Micro H-1 purchase. I mainly like the weight savings, battery life of the Aimpoint. EOTechs are bulletproof as well but so damn heavy. 3.7 with mount for the Aimpoint vs 11.7 for the EOTech. Plus the Aimpoint has a 50k hour battery life vs 1k (lithium battery) for the EOTech.
    Thoughts?
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just swapping out optics for the weight alone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just swapping out optics for the weight alone?
    Weight, Battery Life, Less room taken on the rifle.
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Weight, Battery Life, Less room taken on the rifle.
    If I were you, I'd wait for the T2, and see if you can swoop down on a cheap T1/H1 deal as people unload them.

Right now I wouldn't try to unload an EoTech. They just had their rebate promotion and places like Optics planet had the $60 off $500 and other coupons. Probably won't get as much anyway as the 516/517 series isn't very popular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I were you, I'd wait for the T2, and see if you can swoop down on a cheap T1/H1 deal as people unload them.

Right now I wouldn't try to unload an EoTech. They just had their rebate promotion and places like Optics planet had the $60 off $500 and other coupons. Probably won't get as much anyway as the 516/517 series isn't very popular.
    That's true. Maybe LaRue will lower the prices on them. I really want to pickup a brand new one in a LaRue mount. I have it listed on another forum and had a guy interested today on it. It would have to wait as I wouldn't have enough to purchase one yet. Maybe i'll save up and pickup a t2.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true. Maybe LaRue will lower the prices on them. I really want to pickup a brand new one in a LaRue mount. I have it listed on another forum and had a guy interested today on it. It would have to wait as I wouldn't have enough to purchase one yet. Maybe i'll save up and pickup a t2.
    Bobro Mount is superior in every way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bobro Mount is superior in every way.
    Really? Might have to look into them, are they around the same weight?
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell the EO now for whatever you can get. It's going to be worth less once the T2 comes out and used T1/H1 aplenty are competing in the used marketplace.

IMO the Bobro locking system makes Larue's seem primitive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd sell the EOTech. I've used both and the Aimpoint has proven far more reliable. The battery life alone is worth it to me. I change batteries every year on my birthday and just leave shit on all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Sell the EO now for whatever you can get. It's going to be worth less once the T2 comes out and used T1/H1 aplenty are competing in the used marketplace.

IMO the Bobro locking system makes Larue's seem primitive.
    I am trying to, I might save up and fork over the money for a T2 depending on the reviews. I am hoping the H-1 and T-1s come down to Comp ML3 and Pro prices. Interested in how the lock works.

Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I'd sell the EOTech. I've used both and the Aimpoint has proven far more reliable. The battery life alone is worth it to me. I change batteries every year on my birthday and just leave shit on all the time.
    Yeah, that is the thing. The battery life, weight savings, and space gained is enough for me as well.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think in the end, if I were you and if you're in no hurry, I'd wait for the T2 and see not only where the reviews are, but at what price point.

Not sure of the weight difference between the Bobro and LaRue, but if you look at the Bobro mount, it's a much better system. The way the LaRue levers work, it does mark up your upper. Not that I personally care about things like that (because I rarely take off QD mounts so I can't see it), but some people will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think in the end, if I were you and if you're in no hurry, I'd wait for the T2 and see not only where the reviews are, but at what price point.

Not sure of the weight difference between the Bobro and LaRue, but if you look at the Bobro mount, it's a much better system. The way the LaRue levers work, it does mark up your upper. Not that I personally care about things like that (because I rarely take off QD mounts so I can't see it), but some people will.
    I like the fact that there are flip up covers now. That might be one of the reasons I pickup one. Will wait to pickup one after I see a few reviews.
    I don't mind marking up my rifles. Although they are safe queens, I want to take a few classes with them and then have them cerakoted. It would be more practical to get the VFZ mount instead of the QD but the qd is awesome. I will probably end up getting the T2 and a LaRue mount as I don't mind the scuffing of the upper.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should just get a T1 with the iocover if you want flip covers. Best $25 I ever spent for my micro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had a guy offer me 350 for it local to me as well.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the fact that there are flip up covers now. That might be one of the reasons I pickup one. Will wait to pickup one after I see a few reviews.
    I don't mind marking up my rifles. Although they are safe queens, I want to take a few classes with them and then have them cerakoted. It would be more practical to get the VFZ mount instead of the QD but the qd is awesome. I will probably end up getting the T2 and a LaRue mount as I don't mind the scuffing of the upper.
    uuuhhh wut?

You are okay with a crap design that mars your upper? Why would that even be remotely acceptable? ADM or bobro mounts for me.