Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UpperDeck95 View Post
    uuuhhh wut?

You are okay with a crap design that mars your upper? Why would that even be remotely acceptable? ADM or bobro mounts for me.
    I hear ya. I've been thinking of ADM as well. The bobro just seems bulky, although that usually transmits to rigidity.
    History is something that is bound to repeat itself, it's up to you to decide what side you will be on.
    I love history.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bobro's are not so bulky as they appear in pictures. They're actually near identical in width as a LaRue when measured across the base. I like and prefer the Bobro, but when it comes to hard use the LaRue gives up nothing to it and it's far FAR from a "crap design". I've owned and ran both, hard, side by side to know. A Larue is what I have on my Comp M4, and I've ran that combo across a few different AR's, with it frequently coming on and off, and it never lost zero.

Again, I prefer the Bobro, but there's nothing to feel bad about or doubt if you end up with a LaRue.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Bobro was actually LARGER than I thought it would be once I saw it. The ADM mounts have always felt chintzy to me. If I wanted QD I think I'd probably still be opting for the Larue, "marring" or no.

However, I'd skip all that QD nonsense and just get a Daniel Defense mount for the Micro.

I'm one of those people that's had bad luck with Eotech, and nothing but success with Aimpoints, so I prefer them. Of course, I also prefer the 30mm Aimpoints over the micros. One of these days I'll send back my EXPS that leaks and therefore is no longer daylight-visible and try playing with it again.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Micro with Bobro 6.9oz
    Micro with LT660 5.8oz
    Micro with Daniel defense Mount 4.7oz
    PRO with LT129 11.24 oz
    PRO with Aimpoint mount 11.6 oz

I really can't tell that much difference in weight of a PRO and a Micro when actually using my rifles. Considering PRO $400 and Micro plus mount $700, I like the 30mm PRO better. With that said I wouldn't be against getting another H1 if the price comes down a lot when the T2 is released next month.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they're pretty well situated to start offering a Micro PRO (2 MOA H1, thank you) but I won't hold my breath.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UpperDeck95 View Post
    uuuhhh wut?

You are okay with a crap design that mars your upper? Why would that even be remotely acceptable? ADM or bobro mounts for me.
    Finally, my Voodoo "ultra lite" rifle was finished today. The last two items, I received today, was what I needed to finish it. An Aimpoint H1 2MOA Micro, and a LaRue LT751 QD mount. Put that mount all over the place, adjusted, and tooled around with it for about an hour and 1/2 before I decided just where it ought to be, and the tension was just right. Really didn't require that much work, I just get a bit anal when it comes to my sights, and checked and rechecked the Absolute Co-Witness. You know what, all that tension adjusting and moving the RDS around, and I couldn't find a decent "mar" anywhere. Especially with that "crappy" design that was smooth as silk. But hell, I don't build Barbies anyway and something else will probably get whacked before those damn pesky "mars" show up. Probably could have forgone the QD, but on this rifle I wanted it, because I'll want to move the scope around a bit depending whether I'm doing some genuine shooting with that "crappy" design, or just going to plink off of a bench once in a while, so I went with the nefarious "mar monster", over something else..... BTW, have an ADM on a rifle with a P.R.O. Feels like a turd full of grit, but I have to admit it does hold tight with no change in POI. Superior? I guess so?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to own a half dozen LaRue mounts, they've all been swapped out over the years with Bobro and ADM ones. Use what works for you. A lot of times budget will come into play. If getting a PRO, stick with the included QRP2 mount until you decide it doesn't suit you anymore. It's very usable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I used to own a half dozen LaRue mounts, they've all been swapped out over the years with Bobro and ADM ones. Use what works for you. A lot of times budget will come into play. If getting a PRO, stick with the included QRP2 mount until you decide it doesn't suit you anymore. It's very usable.
    My ADM does it's job UW, and it does lock down tight and returns to zero, but it feels like a piece of grade A crap. Loose, gritty, etc. Since it's not a trigger, it's not that big of a deal, it's not like I have to lock and unlock it every day, but if I were blind folded and handling it for the first time, I'd think it was a piece of junk. That being said, since it works like it should I still have it.

As far as the P.R.O., mounts go, I have had two. One of my scopes wouldn't hold zero, and I thought it was the scope and was going to send it back. Tried an ADM mount, then bought another for the last P.R.O. I bought. Like I said, still using them.

Don't have any experience with BoBro mounts, but have only heard good things about them, but other than that, I can't comment on them except to say they look extremely well made.

I mentioned the LaRue, because I thought the comments about it were very misleading. I've had nothing but good luck with them. MYTH: They are a crappy design that mars up your gun. From my experience, and other folks I've known, I've never heard a bad thing about them. The only thing I don't like is that it takes the special wrench to adjust the tension with them, and it's just a tiny bit one way or another. Some folks I've met don't follow directions well and get heavy handed with them and wonder why they're too tight to lock down and could easily damage your rail. Same with the ADM.

I might even have a QRP2 (like new) mount, if anyone wanted it for any reason.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 23 August 2014 at 11:38.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

If the ADM Mount was crappy for you, just send it to me. I realize not all mounts are universally loved, which is why there are so many out there. If I could afford to, I'd probably switch all my mounts out to Bobro ones. I remember thinking along time ago, why optics manufacturers don't just sell their optics with good mounts from the start. You would think that would cut down on the number of people complaining their OEM mounts loosened, causing loss of zero, ect. I see that Trijicon is now offering Bobro Mounts as OEM, but I wish more manufacturers would do that. I'm guessing it's due to cost.

On a side note, against my better judgement, I got an EOTech EXPS 3-0 for the wife. She likes the 65 MOA circle and dot over the Aimpoint. Hopefully these aren't as crappy as what I remember the 511/512 series being.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I remember thinking along time ago, why optics manufacturers don't just sell their optics with good mounts from the start. You would think that would cut down on the number of people complaining their OEM mounts loosened, causing loss of zero, ect. I see that Trijicon is now offering Bobro Mounts as OEM, but I wish more manufacturers would do that. I'm guessing it's due to cost.
    I would think that the purchasing power, especially big companies like Aimpoint and Trijicon would allow them to do just that and offer package deals. But then, whose product would they offer? ADM? BoBro? LaRue? , other? So many people with so many differing opinions, it'd be impossible to please a lot of folks. Some might say that I'd buy your product if you'd offer "X"
    mount instead of "Y", because "Y" sucks. Probably better just to let folks pick their own.

As an aside, I can't believe you bought your wife that "crappy" Eotech..............relax, just kidding.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a side note, against my better judgement, I got an EOTech EXPS 3-0 for the wife. She likes the 65 MOA circle and dot over the Aimpoint. Hopefully these aren't as crappy as what I remember the 511/512 series being.
    I had one of the 512 series years ago. I absolutely loved the reticle, but I hated the battery life. If they could come up with a sight that didn't eat batteries I would definitely try an EOTech again. That circle-dot reticle is bad ass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I would love to unload my eotech and hop on the aimpoint train. Unfortunately but not unfortunately with the way the AR market is right now it is really hard to not buy more guns/parts. Especially with the idea of Hilary gearing up for a run at the white house.