Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice indeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not too shabby. Very clean looking. What were you thinking of running for sights? And was this mostly a parts bin build?
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    The gun is basically done. Some of the other guys chipped in bought him an Aimpoint PRO. Huge upgrade to the Strikefire he had been considering for a reddot in previous conversations with him about other guns.

Another guy got him a set of Magpul MBUS for backups. Other than maybe a handstop kit/VFG and sling, this is ready to give to him this coming weekend. He's on his own for a white light. Pretty good defensive set up for one's first AR15 platform.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    Not too shabby. Very clean looking. What were you thinking of running for sights? And was this mostly a parts bin build?
    Mike,

I didn't see your question before. I mention in the previous response, I was going with the Magpul MBUS for backup sights as the other guys on the forum chipped in to get an Aimpoint PRO.

Some of the parts I had in the bin, others I had to purchase. Basically, I already had the Fortis Handguards, Rainier Barrel, Barrel nut and NiB Carrier. I had just picked up the Rainier Barrel several months earlier from someone who had shot the barrel for less than 50 rounds.

I had to purchase the gas block, gas tube, a C158 bolt, and the Rainier Arms MTG. FortTom donated the Raptor charging handle. Other than the MTG, that concluded the upper for me. Another buddy of mine donated a Rainier Arms Upper and other guys on the forum donated the lower and parts for it.

Here's the complete parts list:

Rainier Arms 16" Select Medcon Barrel
    Rainier Arms Match Gas Block
    Rainier Arms Mil-Spec Upper
    Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
    Rainier Arms NiB Bolt Carrier Group with C158 Bolt
    Rainier Arms MTG
    Rainier Arms Forged Lower
    Fortis Manufacturing RED
    Fortis Manufacturing 14" REV
    Magpul CTR, MBUS, MIAD,
    ALG ACT Trigger