Downloads
    Uploads

Fortis Manufacturing 7.62 RED Brake

Fortis Manufacturing is now offering their Rapid Engagement Device (RED) in the 7.62 flavor. Threaded in 5/8 x 24, this will also work on your .300 Blackout Builds. The RED Brake will be available in Nitride or Stainless finishes. Checkout Fortis Manufacturing for ordering and more information.

Description:

Our new Rapid Engagement Device, or better known as the Fortis RED™, is a brake that stays true to our brand. We wanted to develop, engineer, and design a military grade accessory that not only functions great, but looks great also. Tested and evaluated by people in the military and law enforcement community - then put to the test by members of the 3 gun community, we came up with this design. Tested under harsh full auto conditions, the RED™ doesn't disappoint.

Keep your speed and accuracy up. Put more down range and on target. Try out the Fortis RED™ and let us know what you think!

Specifications:

4140 Steel
    Nitride coated
    For the .308 / 7.62
    5/8 x 24 TPI
    Comes with a crush washer
    3.8 ounces
    2.75 inches
    Made in America

Downloads
    Uploads
    IN

will finish off my 16" Scout profiled ARPerformance barreled 6.8spcII quite nicely matching the Fortis Rev Rail I have installed. Can possibly do a comparison to the Fortis brake and Spikes dynacomp

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW, did fortis have a hand in making the Rainier RAC? These up close images make them seem very similar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just installed mine on my 308 build. Couldn't help but mar up the outside trying to wrench it on. Let alone trying to figure out what size wrench would fit it. Only thing I had laying around was a 21mm wrench. Suppose I could've used an adjustable - but feel like it would've chewed it up more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Just installed mine on my 308 build. Couldn't help but mar up the outside trying to wrench it on. Let alone trying to figure out what size wrench would fit it. Only thing I had laying around was a 21mm wrench. Suppose I could've used an adjustable - but feel like it would've chewed it up more.
    I would have used some painters masking tape and a 308 armorers wrench.

Any pics of your chewed up muzzle device?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not so much chewed up, more marred. I missed the timing on the brake, so I'm just waiting on a new crush washer. I'll wrap it w/ painters tape (both the brake and wrench) to help prevent giving it further character. I was just surprised how soft the material was. It's not a scratch, it's actually deformed.

(Top of the Fortis Logo, Shooter's Right)

(Bottom of the Fortis Logo, Shooter's Left)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Not so much chewed up, more marred. I missed the timing on the brake, so I'm just waiting on a new crush washer. I'll wrap it w/ painters tape (both the brake and wrench) to help prevent giving it further character. I was just surprised how soft the material was. It's not a scratch, it's actually deformed.

(Top of the Fortis Logo, Shooter's Right)

(Bottom of the Fortis Logo, Shooter's Left)
    Did the same to my RAC. Can't even tell it's there if you were someone looking at the gun, but I know it's there. And I even used the dang armorers wrench and tape. Gun still functions and it doesn't bother me. So it will stay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Chewy,

I forgot to reply to this. If you aren't satisfied with that RED instal, we can get you linked up with the good people at Fortis and possibly get that brake issue rectified.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would look great on my S&W M&P10

Downloads
    Uploads
    loving it (Y)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Chewy,

I forgot to reply to this. If you aren't satisfied with that RED instal, we can get you linked up with the good people at Fortis and possibly get that brake issue rectified.
    Appreciate the follow-up. I'm not one of those guys who's super picky about a blemish or two. My firearms are tools, not show pieces. It's bound to get some love marks. :)