Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    On that exact same note, I'd like to add, that gun fighting skills, no matter what you think you need or don't need, should be as much about not getting shot, as they are about shooting the bad guys. Funny, but I rarely if ever see that being mentioned. Must be the "black bag burrito" that slapped me back awake.

FT
    The first thing my Army buddy (long time veteran, and chl instructor) tought me for my CHL permit was if you can avoid the situation, above all else try to do so first, before engagement. Smartest piece of advise anyone could give someone training for defense. Mil/Leo training is another story on the other hand because there is some offensive strategy that comes into play (although I am sure everyone would prefer to avoid conflict, that is just not the way of the world).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Although you are correct, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. I was referring to a multitude of ways to use cover, and other techniques, to avoid getting shot, when the fight has already started, and you just can't avoid it. I got a lot of that in the military, and some pretty good stuff in a civilian training course, but mostly I hear/see all offense and no defense, if that makes more sense. As much as some of us would rather think that we could always be pinning our "targets" down with superior shooting skills, some of those targets may be equally if not more experienced than ourselves. Then a person really ought to know multiple ways to "duck" out of the possible or probable flight path of a bullet.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mother of god! I want to find that guy and buy him a case of bush lite and watch the hilarity begin!
    Sorry Daddy. It's okay son. If you weren't screwing something up I wouldn't know you were trying.