Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom Build Projects...stalled

Currently I have 4 builds underway, all at relatively beginning stages.

Upper left: Mega Arms Billet Set, GTR 3H AMBI Lower.

Lower left: Mega Arms Billet Set, GTR 3H AMBI Lower. Has B.A.D. Enhanced pin set and Standard Ambi Selector Switch and Norgon Ambi-Catch installed so far, with a KNS Anti-Rotational Pin set on the bench waiting.

Upper right: Aero Precision .308 set.

Lower right: Aero Precision upper and "pistol" marked lower. Phase 5 Tactical Hex-2 pistol buffer tube with Sig Tac pistol brace. WMD NiB BCG.

Biggest issues hindering progress have been working too much; getting ready for and taking vacation, and prepping for the wife's 40th birthday party in conjunction with our annual Labor Day party. Added to that, when I start trying to put parts lists together I get a little overwhelmed and saturated, so I just quit...l I think I am going to concentrate on the pistol build first and get it finished up. May take the stuff on the one Mega lower and swap it over to get it done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just finished back-to-back projects. The last one fought me every stinking inch of the way. Nothing went easy, stuff didn't want to fit, and so on. Between that I was trying to do trap, get ready for hunting season, and then all the regular stuff I have to do in life. I know how you feel. I ended up with extra parts from ordering twice, etc.. Anyway I got the second one finished except for lubing it up and taking it to the range for it's first voyage Monday or Tuesday. Someone mentioned "your next project", and I thought I was going to fall over. I never would have believed that I could get burned out and have that much energy drained, from just gathering and assembling, and a little milling and machining a bunch of parts.

Then I started looking at and pricing 7.62 receiver kits and barrels. Better run to Krogers an snag a couple more pounds of coffee, I'm tired....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    4 Receiver Sets = 4 Stalled builds... you know that's a first world problem right there.

One at a time... one at a time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    4 Receiver Sets = 4 Stalled builds... you know that's a first world problem right there.

One at a time... one at a time.
    Great observation and great advice. The pistol build just took precedence. Tactical Shit is blowing out the Adams Arms Piston Kits, with a Voodoo Innovations barrel included, for $249.99 plus shipping. That's basically the price of a decent 11.5" carbine length barrel about anywhere else. The WMD bolt just got transferred to a different receiver set. I have a couple extra 5.56 bolts on hand so I have a bolt for the Adams Arms bolt carrier. So what I still need to finish it is, (based on my mental checklist since my OCD paper lists are on the workbench), an FCG, (leaning towards an ALG Defense ACT), a handguard, (the Midwest Industries MCTAR-20G2 is leading right now), a muzzle device, (the BattleComp 1.0 Black Oxide is my first choice currently), and I may throw my Vortex Optics Strikefire RDS on it to get started.

As for the piston kit, I've always wanted to try one. I've got my NFA trust in the works, so a suppressor is in view on the horizon. For the money, I figured the bundle from Tactical Shit was worth a shot to experiment with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I made the decision to make the pistol build priority #1, I went ahead and stripped the parts off the one Mega Arms lower and built the Aero Precision "PISTOL" marked lower. The B.A.D. Enhanced pin set, B.A.D. Standard Ambi Selector Switch, and the Norgon Ambi-Catch are installed, along with the Phase 5 Tactical Hex-2-C™ Pistol Buffer Tube Complete Assembly and Sig Tac brace. I put in a mil-spec trigger I had in the parts drawer to try out the KNS Anti-Rotational Pin set, (to be replaced, I think, with an ALG ACT set up). I used the Geissele Trigger Fitting Pin, (shown in the picture) to install the trigger pins. It's a tool I would not want to be without. It really is a great tool for lining up trigger pins! Adams Arms piston kit and Voodoo Arms 11.5" carbine length gas system barrel will be here later this week. Need to get a pistol grip, muzzle device, and handguard decided on and ordered next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I starting losing interest when I saw there was an annual Labor Day party, and I didn't seem to get an invite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I starting losing interest when I saw there was an annual Labor Day party, and I didn't seem to get an invite.
    I'm not sure how far it is from where you live to Ohio, but you are more than welcome! In addition to various grilled wild game: pheasant, duck, goose, venison, fish: walleye and perch, there will be "civilian food" in the form of grilled burgers and smoked chicken quarters & pork shoulder. Of course "beverages" will be in abundance. After sunset when things cool down the "Bourbon Tour" will start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    I'm not sure how far it is from where you live to Ohio, but you are more than welcome! In addition to various grilled wild game: pheasant, duck, goose, venison, fish: walleye and perch, there will be "civilian food" in the form of grilled burgers and smoked chicken quarters & pork shoulder. Of course "beverages" will be in abundance. After sunset when things cool down the "Bourbon Tour" will start.
    What part of Ohio? My wife graduated from Bowling Green and Cincinnati.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What part of Ohio? My wife graduated from Bowling Green and Cincinnati.
    I'm in the NE part of the state, diagonally opposite from Cincinnati. Bowling Green is pretty much due west of me. Ever hear of Kent State and the National Guard? I graduated from Kent State.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Ever hear of Kent State and the National Guard? I graduated from Kent State.
    Hey, great!!, small world, I was in the National Guard at Kent State Wow.... P.S. I still hate Crosby, Stills and Nash!

NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Hey, great!!, small world, I was in the National Guard at Kent State Wow.... P.S. I still hate Crosby, Stills and Nash!

FortTom, how about Neil Young?

Just for you...maybe you'll see yourself in one of the pictures?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought FT had to sit still for oil paintings?

Not sure he was in the service when actual photographs were taken.

Downloads
    Uploads

FT's portrait is on the wall of some cave somewhere...
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, in High School, end of the freshman year, I believe, but I can dream can't I? Stinkin hippies...........I should have been in Jr. ROTC, maybe pop 'em with a pellet gun. Trying to stop a perfectly good war...assholes

Comp, I think my family portrait is in a cave in France somewhere...........
    Last edited by FortTom; 26 August 2014 at 15:13.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    No, in High School, end of the freshman year, I believe, but I can dream can't I? Stinkin hippies...........I should have been in Jr. ROTC, maybe pop 'em with a pellet gun. Trying to stop a perfectly good war...assholes

Comp, I think my family portrait is in a cave in France somewhere...........
    So you were 14-15 y.o. when Kent State went down? I was 9 y.o. in third grade. My dad has tons of pictures from the campus & downtown Kent with the National Guard and their equipment in many of them. He loaded us in the car and drove around taking pictures with one of those little "spy cameras" you see in the movies that you pushed on the ends and collapsed, for lack of a better description, to take a picture.