Downloads
    Uploads

New member, new builds

Hey guys, little background, I'm 22 in college and have been working on these two for about 2 years. It started as a Del Ton sport but shortly after realized I wanted to have a high quality gun that I wouldn't have any doubts using in any real life scenario. So after the long process of selling off old parts and saving up and buying new stuff these two are where I'm at right now.

TGD billet lower (made by NFA, local shop had them for $115 and any color cerakote you want. The guy running the shop is super cool so I'd figure I would support a local business.)
    CMMG lpk
    Magpul ACS stock
    Magpul grip
    KNS pins (I like the color contrast, no other reason they are on my rifle)

Palmetto state midlegnth CHF upper
    Midwest Ind. Keymod rail
    BCM BCG
    Troy rear sight
    MI front sight
    BCM CH

DTI lower
    PSA lpk
    Mag pul furniture

PSA premium CL carbine upper
    MI free float carbine cut out rail
    BCM bcg
    YHM CH
    Eotech 512
    Surefire Z2-s light in blackhawk mount
    Vfg
    Magpul mbus
    Homemade sling

Sorry about the low quality pics. I plan on upgrading to a surefire M300 for build #1 and hopefully a surefire m951 with a led drop in on #2. Also want to get a aimpoint T-1 for #1 and nice slings for both but funds are very tight so any upgrades are far into the future at the moment. Mainly i just want to show them off to fellow enthusiests, my girlfriend doesn't show a whole lot of interest :) Any feedback is welcome. Thanks guys
    Last edited by bkitzel250; 28 August 2014 at 13:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, to be 22 and in college again. For being in college on a limited budget, you're doing well. I wish I had even 1 rifle at that ripe old age. Personally, I'd just rock what you have and spend my money on ammo. Get a ton of trigger, regular trigger time in before you spend money on "upgrades"

There will be plenty of time in your life to make money and buy what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm new to this forum but after I edited my post it seems like it got deleted? Thanks for the advice , I try to shoot a few times a month and it seems more ammo is the best upgrade you can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bkitzel250 View Post
    Hmm new to this forum but after I edited my post it seems like it got deleted? Thanks for the advice , I try to shoot a few times a month and it seems more ammo is the best upgrade you can do.
    Nothing was deleted. When you're new, the forum defaults to having your post approved if it contains pictures or links. I approved your first version when it was posted. Feel free to edit or add to your original post as you see fit.

We need to find you a real sling though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember when I was 22 and had nothing to do but build guns. Now I'm 24 and have nothing to do but build guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah after it got approved I edited it and now its gone. The only thing I see when i click on it is the thread without the original post. Might be an error on my end. And yes a nice sling is in my near future!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I remember when I was 22 and had nothing to do but build guns. Now I'm 24 and have nothing to do but build guns.
    Those are first world problems my friend.

You just need a bigger budget and a new State!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Those are first world problems my friend.

You just need a bigger budget and a new State!
    Working on the new state part. Girlfriend got into a bad lease agreement and her roommate left her with the lease and thousands in debt. Working to get that cleared and the move to a new state will be as good as done.

As far as the budget, I'm constantly on the "better" job hunt. I'm gainfully employed, but money is tied up elsewhere. Maybe I'll become a pro gambler. Won $100 on slots last week...