Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are you listening to?

While I'm pretty sure my IPOD has about every Led Zeppling song recorded, I started watching you tube's Led Zepplins live performances at about 3:00 PM, until about now. Used to be a time when there wasn't a lot of Zep on You Tube, don't know if it was a legal thing or what, but there's tons of it now.

My favorite all time band, going back to 69 up until John Bonhams death in 1980, I got to relive a bit of my youth for a little while. I'm quite sure I've owned multiple copies of everything they made, in LP, 8 Track, Cassette, back to LP's and finally CD's.

Anyone else here a Zepplin Fan? It's amazing, that even today, 13 year old's are buying their very first Led Zepplin albums. Although I do remember being both amused and saddened, that when my now adult children were around 11 and 12, I asked them if they knew who Led Zepplin was. I remember distinctly remember the sinking feeling when my daughter answered, "A bunch of old guys"? Couldn't help but let out a little chuckle though.

Any of you still listening to, or just starting to listen to Zepplin?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    While I'm pretty sure my IPOD has about every Led Zeppling song recorded, I started watching you tube's Led Zepplins live performances at about 3:00 PM, until about now. Used to be a time when there wasn't a lot of Zep on You Tube, don't know if it was a legal thing or what, but there's tons of it now.

My favorite all time band, going back to 69 up until John Bonhams death in 1980, I got to relive a bit of my youth for a little while. I'm quite sure I've owned multiple copies of everything they made, in LP, 8 Track, Cassette, back to LP's and finally CD's.

Anyone else here a Zepplin Fan? It's amazing, that even today, 13 year old's are buying their very first Led Zepplin albums. Although I do remember being both amused and saddened, that when my now adult children were around 11 and 12, I asked them if they knew who Led Zepplin was. I remember distinctly remember the sinking feeling when my daughter answered, "A bunch of old guys"? Couldn't help but let out a little chuckle though.

Any of you still listening to, or just starting to listen to Zepplin?

FT
    I really pictured you with a pair of overalls and a harmonica in your hand. One of your buddies in the background with a banjo...

Oh wait... that was the Alabama Football thread...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember watching Elvis on Ed Sullivan so my preferences are even older oldies. But Zeppelin still does it for me, especially Whole Lotta Love. Can't stand Stairway though. I heard the long version every day for two years at a place I worked.

These days I gravitate to smooth jazz and THE voice - Sinatra. Side note: I was blown away by Lady Gaga singing standards dressed up like a nightclub chanteuse. Much better than her arty shock-schlock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mark Levin podcast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I really pictured you with a pair of overalls and a harmonica in your hand. One of your buddies in the background with a banjo...

Oh wait... that was the Alabama Football thread...
    You're more likely to catch me listening to blues or classic rock...so there might be a harmonica in there somewhere
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am absolutely A Zeppelin fan. Houses of the Holy is one of my all-time favorite albums, and there are so many more.

I often wonder if today's artists don't have the same opportunity to become famous, and STAY famous long after they're gone. There is so much new stuff coming out every day now, and with media being lighting fast, it's so easy to overlook something good.

I have friends that are super into music and they keep me updated with what they like. But I always come back to Zeppelin, the Doobies, SuperTramp, Traffic ... Rock just never gets old.

Some find it strange that I also listen to a ton of techno and electronica. Even some country now and then. Variety is the spice of life!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I am absolutely A Zeppelin fan. Houses of the Holy is one of my all-time favorite albums, and there are so many more.

I often wonder if today's artists don't have the same opportunity to become famous, and STAY famous long after they're gone. There is so much new stuff coming out every day now, and with media being lighting fast, it's so easy to overlook something good.

I have friends that are super into music and they keep me updated with what they like. But I always come back to Zeppelin, the Doobies, SuperTramp, Traffic ... Rock just never gets old.
    I have an eclectic taste in music also, I might be listening to Albert King, Aerosmith, some classical, Zappa, southern rock, Ozzy, Johnny Cash, and Zepplin, one after another, when I plug my IPOD into my truck radio and play random. But Blues and Blues based rock ala Zepplin are usually on the top of my list. Listened to a couple of Johnny Winter albums today. Was reminded he died a few days ago, and how much I liked his work over the years. I had a new unopened set, Second Winter and Johnny Winter captured live and decided to pop it open and listen to both CD's. Robin Trower for later this evening.

FT

Some find it strange that I also listen to a ton of techno and electronica. Even some country now and then. Variety is the spice of life![/QUOTE]
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,

I had a chance to actually run a playlist on my iPod today at work. I always have it with me but really don't get around to it at the office as much as I intend... But today it was Johnny Cash and Social Distortion with a bit of Led Zeppelin. It was a nice escape. I can relate to losing track of time as you did today, I love when that happens and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

So I'm curious what you're listening with. Obviously today it was youtube, but how is sound typically delivered to your ears? Headphones, PC speakers? I'm asking because I recently bought a portable amp that uses the line out to my Ipod. This coupled with a new set of headphones has been blowing my mind lately. I'm picking up stuff even on crap digital recordings that I have never noticed before... Anyway, just curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XACT_ABORT View Post
    FT,

I had a chance to actually run a playlist on my iPod today at work. I always have it with me but really don't get around to it at the office as much as I intend... But today it was Johnny Cash and Social Distortion with a bit of Led Zeppelin. It was a nice escape. I can relate to losing track of time as you did today, I love when that happens and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

So I'm curious what you're listening with. Obviously today it was youtube, but how is sound typically delivered to your ears? Headphones, PC speakers? I'm asking because I recently bought a portable amp that uses the line out to my Ipod. This coupled with a new set of headphones has been blowing my mind lately. I'm picking up stuff even on crap digital recordings that I have never noticed before... Anyway, just curious.
    Sometimes with headphones, I also have a kick ass set of Altec Lancing powered speakers with a powered Sub Woofer that I used for a while with my computer. I just plug it into my IPOD and it sounds very much as good as a much more expensive stereo system. Sometimes I listen on my lap top. In my truck, I just plug my IPOD into the aux input. The stereo that came with the vehicle isn't half bad, so I have hours and hours of listening time there. I think IPODS are going out of style, but they're so versatile, you can also plug them into the aux port of your home stereo or entertainment system, that I'll be using mine until it dies.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Sometimes with headphones, I also have a kick ass set of Altec Lancing powered speakers with a powered Sub Woofer that I used for a while with my computer. I just plug it into my IPOD and it sounds very much as good as a much more expensive stereo system. Sometimes I listen on my lap top. In my truck, I just plug my IPOD into the aux input. The stereo that came with the vehicle isn't half bad, so I have hours and hours of listening time there. I think IPODS are going out of style, but they're so versatile, you can also plug them into the aux port of your home stereo or entertainment system, that I'll be using mine until it dies.

FT
    Yeah, pretty much iPod only for me. Don't have a dedicated home PC or stereo anymore. About all I do is change headphones depending on where I am. In ear or closed at work and open over ear at home where I won't bug anyone.

My iPod is an older 30gb model.. Line out is pretty nice on it. I will be bummed out when it dies. Haven't come across a better portable for my use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Misfits, the Descendants, the Violent Femmes, ZZ Top and Johnny Cash to name a few on the IPhone.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Misfits, the Descendants, the Violent Femmes, ZZ Top and Johnny Cash to name a few on the IPhone.
    Any post Danzig Misfits? I don't own any at all... But they popped up on Pandora in the car and I wondered why.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive never heard any of the post Danzig stuff.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently got a nice audio set-up and I've been listening to all my CD's again while I re-import them in lossless format. Pink Floyd has been hitting the spot lately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll switch from Avenged Sevenfold, to Glitch Mob, to The Rolling Stones, to Vivaldi all in a drive to work. Basically I'll listen to anything besides the pop shit on the radio right now and rap/r&b.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper