Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh :D

Downloads
    Uploads

Uh oh :D

I started my 300BLK build, finally!

I have been wanting an 8.2" Noveske for a bit now. Picked one up with a HS bolt. Now for the rest :) I am excited!!

I also need to get to work processing some brass...

Downloads
    Uploads
    is going to be an SBR or pistol? ive got a 7.5" noveske upper in 556. Really solid quality and runs 100% reliable unlike all the anti AR pistol guys said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    is going to be an SBR or pistol? ive got a 7.5" noveske upper in 556. Really solid quality and runs 100% reliable unlike all the anti AR pistol guys said.

It will be going on an SBR lower I have. Once i get the stamp back on another lower then it will have its own dedicated lower

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet. I want to start a 300 build but keep putting it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you going to be running this one suppressed
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Sweet. I want to start a 300 build but keep putting it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I kept putting it off and then the barrel went in stock and cheaper so I had to grab it!

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Are you going to be running this one suppressed
    Sure am GOST! Going to run 100% of the time. Also going to pick up a 556 can so they both can be dedicated. my paperwork/orders are being placed this week once one of my lowers gets picked up

Downloads
    Uploads
    you'll LOVE the 300blk suppressed... my new favorite gun. I don't shoot much else these days! If you're not already, get into reloading... much cheaper for sub ammo.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a suppressed .300 Blackout SBR will be in my future too. IMHO it's the perfect home defense gun with a light on it.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a lower yesterday for this exact reason. I think I am going 10.5 or 11.5 for a SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's probably what I'll do also Calico Jack. Considering the length of the suppressor I'll go short on the barrel - maybe as short as 8". Have to get a tax stamp for the SBR and another for the suppressor. Definitely going to set up a trust for this plan but it's down the road aways.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    That's probably what I'll do also Calico Jack. Considering the length of the suppressor I'll go short on the barrel - maybe as short as 8". Have to get a tax stamp for the SBR and another for the suppressor. Definitely going to set up a trust for this plan but it's down the road aways.
    I'm having phenomenal luck with my 8.2" Aero 300blk barrel... everything I have thrown at it goes bang like it should, even my own loads. I tend to look at the 8" pistol gas barrel as the optimal, throw a can on it and you're still short overall. And I've been pinging steel out at 200yrds with super loads with no problem - still quiet, except for the sonic crack of course.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    you'll LOVE the 300blk suppressed... my new favorite gun. I don't shoot much else these days! If you're not already, get into reloading... much cheaper for sub ammo.
    I have an XL650 awaiting supplies for 300blk! I have been reloading for about 2 years now. 9mm and 5.56 only.

I decided that paying an extra $50 per thousand is worth my time cutting and forming the brass. Although I will do it sometime, I actually like the process of reloading and doing things myself

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by xAZxE30x View Post
    I have an XL650 awaiting supplies for 300blk! I have been reloading for about 2 years now. 9mm and 5.56 only.

I decided that paying an extra $50 per thousand is worth my time cutting and forming the brass. Although I will do it sometime, I actually like the process of reloading and doing things myself
    I found a good place for bullets if your interested. $.20 per bullet for 190gr Nosler CC. They have others that may suit your taste as well. Let me know

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I found a good place for bullets if your interested. $.20 per bullet for 190gr Nosler CC. They have others that may suit your taste as well. Let me know
    blems or normal run? not that it matters... just curious if its the same place I watch!

I'm testing some 203g coated cast bullets... work good, decent accuracy, just going to make 110% sure that the coating does in fact keep any leading from occurring before I ever attach the suppressor with them.
    Jim
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    would love to know! Feel free to PM if you want to keep it quiet