Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Guy With 308 build

I came this way since someone on another forum I frequent mentioned it. I've been a member here for a few but never posted much so i figured this was a good way to start.

I recently was lucky enough to WIN a custom 308 receiver set, rail and stock from Revolvr App and Rainier Arms. This was the set that some may have seen on Revolvr that they raffled off. I received the set yesterday and its as sexy as I imagined.
    The set is a Rainier Arms billet 308 upper and lower, 14' Rainier Arms Switch rail and MFT Utility Stock

I already have everything else needed to finish the build on the way from Rainier. List below
    -20" Rainier Arms Ultramatch barrel
    -Rainier Arms 308 LPK
    - AAC Comp 2.0 Muzzle Device
    -Seekins Low Pro ADJ Gas Block
    - Raptor 7.62 Charge handle
    -Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Scope
    -Vortex 1 piece mount
    -Red Barn Armory BCG

I'll post more pics as things start to arrive and when i finish the build. Im going to cerekote the barrel and other parts to match the custom cerekoting. Thanks again to Rainer and Revolvr. Hope you guys enjoy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait to see it together!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Can't wait to see it together!!!
    You and me both! I wasn't exactly planning a 308 build right now buttttt when you get most major parts for nothing it kind of changes things!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh I am so jealous. Looking forward to seeing this as well.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You and me both! I wasn't exactly planning a 308 build right now buttttt when you get most major parts for nothing it kind of changes things!
    You sir, are the master of understatement...lol

Downloads
    Uploads

New Guy With 308 build

What can I say... Lol I didn't even own a 308 so I also had to get my hands on some ammo. I ordered about 300 rds of various types, weight etc etc. I'll start reloading it before too long. Starting to get to many mouths to feed at home. 22lr, 556, 6.8, 277 WLV, 9mm, 380 and now 308.. Sheesh lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm really trying to make rainier proud on this one. This build deserves some of the best products the industry offers. Their products are second to none and will definitely be using their parts more in the future. Can't thank them enough

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking to build a 7.62 also. I'm getting kind restless to do something besides another 5.56 in any configuration. Congrats for winning the receiver set and goodies, and good luck on your build. Keep us posted with pics.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm looking to build a 7.62 also. I'm getting kind restless to do something besides another 5.56 in any configuration. Congrats for winning the receiver set and goodies, and good luck on your build. Keep us posted with pics.

FT
    Thanks i was at the same point you are now. I will add pics as things start to come in, a mock up before cerekote and then the complete build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Thanks i was at the same point you are now. I will add pics as things start to come in, a mock up before cerekote and then the complete build

Wait....did you say you are getting it cerakoted? /cry
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Wait....did you say you are getting it cerakoted? /cry
    just the parts that are not in the pic. The parts you see are custom cerekoted already and i plan to match the other parts to these. so the barrel, buffer tube, BCG, MD will all be cerekoted in kryptek to match the upper, lower, rail and stock

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet build here, i remember that raffle not too long ago.....Ill be watching this thread..

You'll have to let us know how that barrel shoots for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sweet build here, i remember that raffle not too long ago.....Ill be watching this thread..

You'll have to let us know how that barrel shoots for you.
    Yes I just got the parts Wednesday! I'll be sure to post some pics once I get it dialed in and find the ammo it likes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're the one that won that eh? Hopefully I didn't leave too many dirty paw prints on that before it was shipped. I remember thinking they did a pretty good job with the pattern.

I think that was one of the first 308 receivers they put out. Nice prize for sure. Best way to get into .308 is to have the receivers given to you. That takes the cost out of the equation. Looks like you're putting some quality parts into it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You're the one that won that eh? Hopefully I didn't leave too many dirty paw prints on that before it was shipped. I remember thinking they did a pretty good job with the pattern.

I think that was one of the first 308 receivers they put out. Nice prize for sure. Best way to get into .308 is to have the receivers given to you. That takes the cost out of the equation. Looks like you're putting some quality parts into it.
    Everything with this package is awesome! From the receivers to the rail to the pattern. You might have left a few but I already cleaned then up with Froglube 😉. The number on this set is 61 so it's a very low numbered lower. Terry has been very helpful getting everything I needed and answering any questions I had. Thanks again!