Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mostly Training, being in the military we Train a lot. All though lately I have found myself getting into percision shooting on my spare time. I am looking into 3 gun, or a long range competition for next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT.G View Post
    Mostly Training, being in the military we Train a lot. All though lately I have found myself getting into percision shooting on my spare time. I am looking into 3 gun, or a long range competition for next year.
    I'd like to do competitions but there aren't any within at least 2 hours of here in the mountains - probably more. Just too expensive to make that kind of trip to go shooting. I am going to set up some one mile shots though :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Sounds like a 6.8 upper needed. Would be cool to take some deer with the Enfield though.
    My Enfield is my hunting rifle with it's iron sights - been hunting with it for the last 2 seasons. I'm good to at least 300 yards with that rifle. Not too bad for a rifle made in 1953 and a 54 year old guy :)

One of the interesting things about these old Lee Enfields is just how little real kick they have for the power that they spit out. The Marlin 303/30 doesn't quite have the distance or the power but the kick is pretty much equivalent. Shorter cartridge, less powder and a shorter barrel. It's a great saddle rifle though.

I'm planning on going for a one mile shot with that old Lee Enfield. Just haven't found a way to measure a mile with my horse yet in one of the mountain ravines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first one I bought to shoot coyotes with, the second I built to plink with (dissipator) that I also shot 3 gun with. My third was to be built as a trainer for 3 gun in .22 but it quickly took on a life of its own and now while is shootable is not finished. My next one is to be a pistol/close in pig gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tactical training mostly. With a little long range paper punching and some hunting with the AR10 thrown In for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mostly recreational with emphasis on making my shots more consistent and faster. Usually setup some targets down a road and do a run and gun situation for 5-10 targets (depends on how lazy I feel when packing everything). If I am feeling uber Costa I will wear my plate carrier and practice reload drills also.

Lately I had some work done to my precision rifle so I have been enjoying ringing some steel out to about 800. I need to make friends with someone with a chronograph and a laser rangefinder so I can get really dialed in. Mainly using GPS/Google Maps for distance calculation that or someone with some property that already has steel out at 1k .

Would also love do to some predator coyote hunting but I don't think they are as abundant here (S. OR) as in some other states.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post

Lately I had some work done to my precision rifle so I have been enjoying ringing some steel out to about 800. I need to make friends with someone with a chronograph and a laser rangefinder so I can get really dialed in. Mainly using GPS/Google Maps for distance calculation that or someone with some property that already has steel out at 1k .
    Don't forget, with the right reticule, you can measure distance yourself with a little patience. It's actually pretty amazing how close you can get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I have a Mildot reticule for the scope on my long range rifle and it works okay for ranging, just a lot of math and measuring stuff before hand. Also it has MOA turrets rather than MIL/MIL which is what I would prefer, just more math with my setup now. Usually do a combo of reticule raning and using gps and I get pretty close, but a higher end rangefinder would be nice to just have more data.

Gotta love calculus

Downloads
    Uploads
    My whole shooting focus up until a few years ago was long range shooting and varmint hunting. I would love to do some competitive shooting but this area is a dead zone for shooting sports. The only kind of matches going on are tactical two gun, which seems fun but the entire group of guys are the overweight late twenties type that show up in full plate carriers and fast helmets and throw around words like operator and tangos way too much for me. Lately Ive just been trying to teach myself the ends and outs of using a AR as something more than a way to blast herds of deer in my peanut fields at night. (We get depredation permits so it is legal) Any hot types for carbine training near the Pensacola Fl area would be greatly appreciated by the way!!
    Sorry Daddy. It's okay son. If you weren't screwing something up I wouldn't know you were trying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Classes. Recreational training. Lol Like most I've shot my pistols more trying to improve that skillset. But I always go back to that rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    to train and protect my self

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mostly at the range, which I had the time and money to take some classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mostly precision shooting and hunting with handloaded ammo. I load for AR's in both .223/5.56 and .308 and shoot both in competition.

I wish I had the time and money to burn through several hundred rounds per weekend like I use to but those days are few and far between. When I get the time to shoot, I like to make each shot count..........usually from several hundred yards away .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle700 View Post
    Mostly precision shooting and hunting with handloaded ammo. I load for AR's in both .223/5.56 and .308 and shoot both in competition.

I wish I had the time and money to burn through several hundred rounds per weekend like I use to but those days are few and far between. When I get the time to shoot, I like to make each shot count..........usually from several hundred yards away .
    Off topic but War Eagle!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mostly shoot at work almost every month (Snow makes it interesting policing up 45 brass) Glock 21 and Remington 870. Probably only get my personal weapons out maybe once a month I have a informal range in the woods of my family's farm me and my friends frequent. Mostly running drills and informal competition however it's hard to find a place where we can get out past 100 yards. Mostly shoot and see targets, milk jugs, cereal boxes and we have a bunch of paper zombie silhouette targets. It's one of the few local places we can shoot and move like we do at work where personally owned weapons are the devil. I was at a sportsmans club two years ago shooting with my kids right when everyone was pulling out the deer rifles a few days before the season opened. My father and I were coaching my two 6 year Olds with their little Cricket rifles when we witnessed an older gentleman have an AD as he removed a rifle from his truck. We packed the kids up and beat feet to the old farm and have been shooting there ever since. I wish I had the time for competition and precision practice but most of my long guns are set up for up close.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper