Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Quick Snap Shot of most of the changes:

Knights RAS, VFG
    Troy BUIS
    Aimpoint PRO
    Rainier Raptor

At least you aren't stuck with an Eotech 512....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    At least you aren't stuck with an Eotech 512....
    The 512 is serviceable with the battery compartment fix and lithium batteries...still not my first choice. The bottom of the barrel is the 511 with the N size batteries.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Needs a light.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Needs a light.
    Wanna throw in a can opener while we're at it ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would probably look to find a longer, FSB cutout, free-float handguard, if one exists that doesn't require removal of the delta ring. That way you get more sling-mounting flexibility and the ability to add an x300 to the top rail in front of the FSB.

ETA:

I'd get one of these.

https://troyind.com/products/charlie-blk
    Last edited by rob_s; 27 December 2014 at 08:09.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I would probably look to find a longer, FSB cutout, free-float handguard, if one exists that doesn't require removal of the delta ring. That way you get more sling-mounting flexibility and the ability to add an x300 to the top rail in front of the FSB.

ETA:

I'd get one of these.

I doubt U Dubya s going to take your suggestion to heart...

Troy Rails and Nice... what alternate universe is that?

Downloads
    Uploads

ETA:

I'd get one of these.

We can't do anything to the rifles that involves removing the FSB, even if it's only temporarily to install something. It really limits what we can do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For most I would agree. If that happened, I'd just grab another Noveske of the bakers dozen out of the safe.
    Bakers dozen? And here i thought i had the Noveske bug pretty bad…

Downloads
    Uploads
    We can't do anything to the rifles that involves removing the FSB, even if it's only temporarily to install something. It really limits what we can do.
    I was under the impression that the only thing you had to remove was the sling swivel and plastic handguards.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPz00hCMiU
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    MI makes an extended free float that installs without pulling the FSB. Can you remove the Delta Ring?

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was under the impression that the only thing you had to remove was the sling swivel and plastic handguards.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPz00hCMiU
    Well... I had not seen that before... That's interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    MI makes an extended free float that installs without pulling the FSB. Can you remove the Delta Ring?

No, removal of the delta ring is not permitted.

I hate 7" handguards, as there isn't enough room to be comfortable for my shooting tastes. I'll have to look at rob's suggestion more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I'm just curious as to why your departments have you having patrol rifles. What situations do you think you would have to use a rifle in instead of your pistol?
    better to not need and have instead of need and not have.

my soon to be brother in law is a cop in a northern NJ town. they have sig sidearms and each car (not person) had a colt 9mm. pretty much figure out how you can buy it from colt and thats how it was. no sling, no light, nothing. and from what i've heard none of them really cared. then last year, some idiot, in one of the most expensive malls in the country decided to go into the mall with a zastava rifle and shoot up the ceiling, scaring the crap out of everyone, before eating a bullet in a back hallway.

my soon to be brother in law was one of the first officers into the mall. they took their 9mm carbines (no idea why they have since been replaced with 9mm carbines again) and went in the mall. they didn't have slings, spare mags, or anything else. they had to carry this carbine for hours. at least the new one has slings

i never understood the police issuing a cut and dry order to their officers. they trust you with a gun, they should trust you to pick whatever gun works best for you. I'm fine if they supply a glock and a m&p 15 but if you want to do anything else its out of your own pocket. but at least give people that choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    an entire upper is bolt on AND not permanent. just saying

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    an entire upper is bolt on AND not permanent. just saying
    That's not really how it works. And for an LE operation, once a round leaves the barrel, everything gets scrutinized. If a round actually hits someone, multiply that scrutinization by at least 100. It's not like you can just hide what was used.

A buddy of mine was conducting an interdiction mission about a month before I came out to relieve him. Their gunner ended up taking a shot that resulted in a ricochet that blew a guy's ass off (literally). It even made the news ticker on network news (I saw it the next morning). Everything was shut down for 3 days while investigators were sent out to inspect the weapons, review the tapes, and take statements. All ROE had been followed and no protocols had been ignored. If they had cowboy'ed one of the weapons, I'm sure there would have been considerable fallout.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just hate when depts change policies on things that probably didnt need to be changed. If they did do the change, they should allow the user be able to modify the weapon in some way to suit their needs (ie longer rails).

I once worked with a dept who used old AR-15s the appeared to be from Vietnam era. But the SWAT team had all the latest things (HK G3g.....the one with the crappy optic attached).

Stay safe out there UW.